Come Home to AU for Homecoming 2017
We hope you will join us on the Anderson University campus Oct. 13-14 for our Homecoming 2017 celebration! As we conclude our Centennial year, the weekend will be filled with our traditional Homecoming events, as well as a few specific Centennial activities. Family Weekend will also take place during this special time on campus!
You can view the full schedule on the Homecoming website. A few highlights include:
- Raven Career Fair
- Luminaries and Helios Reception
- School of Music, Theatre, and Dance Homecoming concert and award presentation
- Alumni Affinity Breakfast, where you can engage with faculty, staff, and fellow alums from your department, club, or athletic team (RSVP online)
- Street Fair on University Boulevard
- Athletics events including Football vs. Defiance, Women’s Volleyball vs. Franklin, and the Soccer teams vs. Earlham
- SCC SOLO Tour, a great adventure of hits and history with alum Steven Curtis Chapman
- Centennial Fireworks Display, free and open to the Anderson community (9 p.m. at Macholtz Stadium, Rain Date is Oct. 15 at 8 p.m.)
Saturday and Sunday
- Fall Musical, You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown
Packages for Family Weekend are available to purchase for parents, siblings, and guests and provide the ultimate access available for an unforgettable Homecoming experience! Package wristband allows guests free entrance to Dativus Cheap Thrills, Booster’s Encore, football game, women’s volleyball game, and men’s and women’s soccer games. You can also pre-order just a t-shirt for pickup on campus. Online ordering will end at 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 13.
On Saturday at 6:30 p.m., the SCC SOLO Tour will take place in Reardon Auditorium with AU alum Steven Curtis Chapman. Steven and his wife, Mary Beth, are coming “home” to the place where they first met for a night of hits and history. Steven released his memoir, “Between Heaven & The Real World,” on March 7, which will be available along with other merchandise, and there will be a time for books to be autographed following the concert.
On Saturday at 9 p.m., AU will conclude the Centennial celebration with a bang! A Centennial Fireworks Display will take place at Macholtz Stadium, and the show is free and open to the Anderson community. The rain date will be Sunday, Oct. 15 at 8 p.m.
Tickets for the fall musical, You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown, or the SCC SOLO Tour can be purchased by phone or in person at the Reardon Box Office. Hours are Monday through Friday, noon-5 p.m. You can reach the box office at (765) 641-4140. SCC SOLO Tour tickets are also available on ticketmaster.com. Tickets for the football game can be purchased at the gate.
Anderson University is on a mission to educate students for lives of faith and service, offering more than 60 undergraduate majors, 30 three-year degrees, 20 NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports, alongside adult and graduate programs. The private, liberal arts institution is fully accredited and recognized among top colleges for its business, computer science, cybersecurity, dance, engineering, nursing, and teacher education programs. Anderson University was established in 1917 in Anderson, Indiana, by the Church of God.
Please contact email@example.com with any media requests.