A debt forgiveness program designed to benefit hundreds of former students with a balance on their student accounts. The program will be piloted through April 1, 2023.
Debt Forgiveness Pilot Program
This program is in response to emerging trends in higher education. As AU recognizes the need to address the national student debt crisis, the university has examined past due student accounts, along with its mission and biblical values in mind. Through Raven Return, AU will forgive students’ past student accounts debts and invite former students to re-enroll if it aligns with their educational goals.
Students have had to cut their education short, ending it before earning their degree, for all sorts of hardships and life circumstances. We hope this program will meet some specific needs of previous students that have experienced real-life barriers in their degree completion. The program will be piloted through April 1, 2023.
This program is not related to existing federal student loan programs. Raven Return has no relation to private or federal loans, this program is solely related to your Anderson University student account. Information about federal student loan forgiveness programs can be found online.
AU is offering three levels of debt forgiveness:
- $0-250 forgiveness is available for those not re-enrolling at Anderson University. A form and more information is required. Individuals in this category may contact the business office at 765-641-4001 or email@example.com for more information or to request debt forgiveness.
- $0-5,000 forgiveness is available for those re-enrolling at Anderson University. Where balances are greater than $5,000, AU will forgive the first $5,000 over two semesters and 75 percent of the remaining balance with the expectation that the remaining balance will be repaid. A form and more information is required. Individuals in this category may contact admissions at 765-641-4088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 100 percent forgiveness is available for those who attended before the year 2000 and all retirees age 65 or older. A form is required for those under the age of 65. Individuals in this category may contact the business office at 765-641-4001 or email@example.com for more information or to request debt forgiveness.
REQUEST TO JOIN THE PROGRAM
Debt forgiveness is not automatic and must be requested. The program will be piloted through April 1, 2023.
For more information about participating in the Raven Return debt forgiveness program, please submit the form below or contact the business office at 765-641-4001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO RE-ENROLL
The following terms will apply for students who desire to re-enroll:
- Must have been withdrawn from Anderson University for two or more years.
- Successful re-enrollment.
- Payment plan or adequate aid established prior to the start of classes; student account paid in full on a per semester basis.
- Successful mini-course completion on financial responsibilities and management. The course is designed to be completed in less than an hour.
Receive a curated list of programs to explore for your college career.