Study programs listed below are endorsed by AU for study and transfer of credit to Anderson University. Final approval of a specific program must be given by the Department Chair, the Registrar, and the Director of the Center for International and Intercultural Studies.
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- Arcadia Study Abroad
- Au Sable Institute of Environmental Studies
- BCA Study Abroad
- Butler University, The Institute for Study Abroad
- CCCU, Best Semester
- Chicago Center for Urban Life and Culture
- Central College Abroad
- College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS)
- Council on International Education Exchange Consortium (CIEE)
- Institute for European Studies (IES)
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- LCC International University
- Jerusalem University College
- Studio Art College International (SACI)
- The King’s College, New York City Semester
- Trinity Christian College, Semester in Spain
Study Abroad FAQ
How do I get started?
Anderson University offers many opportunities for students to study abroad. Review the Getting Started info first.
Where can I travel?
Anderson University has more than 30 locations around the world to choose from. Our Endorsed Programs list (above) is a tool that can help you decide on a location/program.
How do I get a passport?
View Passport and Visa information plus other helpful trip preparation information.
Are there health requirements for travel abroad?
Requirements and recommendations vary by destination. You are responsible for your own health and for all medical costs. Remember to consult your personal physician to see if he/she recommends any immunizations prior to your departure. Check with your health insurance carrier to verify they will cover you while you are traveling outside the USA. Carry your health insurance card with the account number and bring with you emergency funds since you are personally responsible for medical expenses incurred. If you use medication, be sure to carry it in the original container with you on the plane, as well as a copy of your physician’s prescription. You may wish to carry medicine to treat common traveler’s maladies.
Study Abroad Financial Aid
FINANCIAL AID for STUDY ABROAD and USA OFF-CAMPUS STUDY
Most forms of federal and state financial aid will be available to you for study abroad or USA off-campus study. Consult with the Office of Student Financial Services for eligibility and use of these funds.
Anderson University Financial Aid
Anderson University financial aid for on-campus study does not automatically transfer to study abroad or off-campus (USA) study programs. However, you may be eligible for a study grant from Anderson University specifically designated for study abroad or off-campus study.
To apply for Anderson University financial aid, complete the Application for AU Financial Aid for Study Abroad and Off-Campus Study form. Anderson University funds are available for one semester of study during the student’s enrollment at Anderson University. Financial assistance is not available for short-term internships or summer study programs. The maximum award is $3,000.00. Students attending Anderson University by virtue of tuition exchange or remitted tuition programs may be eligible depending on the availability of funds. The funds are allocated on the basis of the following:
- Priority is given to students whose degree program requires off-campus study.
- Awards are based on financial need, taking into consideration the student’s eligibility for non-Anderson University financial assistance (Federal, State, etc.).
- Student has demonstrated academic qualifications for the study program.
- Program of study is approved by the Department Chair in conjunction with the Director of theTri-S and Study Abroad.
- Student has been enrolled as a full-time student at Anderson University the semester prior to proposed study. Student is enrolled full time in a degree program at Anderson University at the time of study.
- Proposed study is relevant to the student’s degree program.