Anderson University will host an official Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 6, 2023, at 2 p.m. in the Kardatzke Wellness Center.
This special service will combine aspects of Baccalaureate and Commencement into one unique celebration.
Terri Austin will be the featured Commencement speaker. Austin is an educator and former Indiana state representative, having served the 36th District, which includes Anderson, from 2003 until 2022. Austin is a Madison County native and a former teacher and administrator in the Anderson Community School Corporation. Rev. Vincent Miller, pastor at First Church of God Tampa, will deliver the Baccalaureate address.
Honorary degrees will be presented to H.L. Baker, John Sanders, Berenice Villarreal, and Austin. Baker is an alum and served AU in a variety of capacities during his 51-year career, including as dean of students and a development officer. Sanders is a philanthropist, business executive, former Acting Commissioner of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and senior executive at the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). He is a former member of the Anderson University Board of Trustees and current Chair of the Board for Endeavors. Villarreal is the senior vice president and chief risk officer at Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union in San Antonio, Texas, and Immediate Past Chair of the Board for Endeavors, also based in San Antonio.
2023 Anderson University Commencement
– May 6, 2023, Kardatzke Wellness Center
– Doors open at 12:45 p.m.
– Processional enters fieldhouse at 1:45 p.m.
– Ceremony begins at 2 p.m.
- Tickets are not required for Commencement.
- There is no limit to number of guests per graduate.
- The deadline for ordering undergraduate caps and gowns online through Jostens has passed. Please call Jostens (1-800-854-7464) to place an order. The deadline to order doctoral and masters regalia online has passed. You will have to call the Jostens number to place your order.
- Graduates must check in for the commencement ceremony at 12:30 p.m. in Byrum Hall. Please be sure to eat sometime before you arrive, as you will not have time to eat again until after the ceremony, which will last approximately 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Commencement will be held on the main floor of Kardatzke Wellness Center. Parking will be available on campus.
- Students’ names who are not in attendance will not be read during the Commencement ceremony.