CENTER FOR SECURITY STUDIES
& CYBER DEFENSE
The Anderson University Center for Security Studies & Cyber Defense (CSSCD) has a two-fold mission:
- To support the Security Studies Program in developing a pipeline of graduates with the practical knowledge, technical skills, and professional ethics from a Christian-faith perspective, to serve on the front lines in defending the nation, our communities, and institutions from threats, foreign and domestic, in both the physical and cyber realms.
- To support the surrounding community by providing security services at below-market cost to local and regional clients. Those services—including live threat monitoring through the CSSCD’s Security Operations Center (SOC), cybersecurity audits, and threat intelligence reports—are provided by paid student interns working under the close supervision of senior security staff.
TRAINING SECURITY PROFESSIONALS
Degree in Cybersecurity
The BA in Cybersecurity is a National Security Agency (NSA) validated Program of Study. It is designed for students who seek to defend against growing cyber threats to both the public and private sectors . Courses familiarize students with information assurance, server and network environments, cryptography, legal and ethical compliance, and cyberwarfare. Graduates from Anderson University’s Cybersecurity program pursue a wide range of careers, including security analyst, software engineer, infrastructure engineer, information security consultant, and cyber risk analyst.
Degree in National Security
Anderson University’s national security major is an interdisciplinary program designed todevelop a solid foundation to pursue careers in defense, intelligence, law enforcement, diplomacy, or other related fields. The curriculum emphasizes critical thinking, problem-solving, and ethical decision-making in the context of global security threats. Courses familiarize students with intelligence analysis, counterterrorism, homeland security, and risk assessment. Students engage in rigorous coursework, hands-on training, and real-world simulations to develop expertise in assessing threats, analyzing security policies, and implementing strategies to mitigate risk.
CSSCD Advisory Board
The CSSCD provides low-cost security services to local and regional constituents, including:
- Cybersecurity audits.
- Exercises for testing organizational security threat responses.
- Training and certification for the local workforce.
- Conferences and publications regarding current security threats.
For information contact David Dungan, Executive Director for the Center for Security Studies & Cyber Defense using the button below.
4 MIN. READAnderson, Ind. — Anderson University and its cybersecurity program has been designated...
2 MIN. READAnderson, Ind. — Anderson University is proud to announce that David Pekoske,...
2 MIN. READAnderson, Ind. — Anderson University students recently participated in the National...