Alumni Council Scholarship
The Alumni Council Scholarship is a competitive scholarship available to full-time, undergraduate students at Anderson University whose parent or legal guardian is an alumnus of AU.* This scholarship is renewable and stackable over four years. The student must maintain a 3.0 GPA for automatic renewal. Assistance is not available for graduate study.
Award: $1,500 per year each year for the student recipient as long as they maintain the academic requirements of the scholarship each year.
Scholarship Selection Criteria: The Alumni Council will choose the students who they believe will most benefit from the AU experience.
- Must have a GPA ≥ 3.0 on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
- Must submit applications and essays by February 15 of the senior year of high school.
- FAFSA must be filed by April 1.
- Legacy applicants must be an incoming freshmen who is a child of one or more alumni of Anderson University.
- Transfers are ineligible.
- Must submit two short essays (responding to questions posed on the application).
- Must be involved in service and leadership activities.
- Children of Alumni Council members can be eligible; however, the council member who is the parent of the applicant(s) must remove him/herself from involvement and voting.
- If you haven't applied yet, please complete your application for admission online or through the common app!
- If you have applied already, your next step is to complete your scholarship profile. This will ask you several questions about yourself to pair you with the institutional scholarships that you are eligible for, like this one listed above. Your scholarship profile will also help you meet specific scholarship deadlines.
Anderson University is on a mission to educate students for lives of faith and service, offering more than 60 undergraduate majors, 30 three-year degrees, 20 NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports, alongside adult and graduate programs. The private, liberal arts institution is fully accredited and recognized among top colleges for its business, computer science, cybersecurity, dance, engineering, nursing, and teacher education programs. Anderson University was established in 1917 in Anderson, Indiana, by the Church of God.