Alumni Council Scholarship
The Alumni Council Scholarship is a competitive scholarship available to full-time, undergraduate students at Anderson University whose parent or legal guardian is an alumnus of AU.* This scholarship is renewable and stackable over four years. The student must maintain a 3.0 GPA for automatic renewal. Assistance is not available for graduate study.
Award: $1,500 per year each year for the student recipient as long as they maintain the academic requirements of the scholarship each year.
Scholarship Selection Criteria: The Alumni Council will choose the students who they believe will most benefit from the AU experience.
- ACT/SAT Scores
- Must have a GPA ≥ 3.0 on an unweighted 4.0 scale
- Must submit applications and essays by January 1 of their senior year of high school
- Legacy: Applicant must be an incoming freshman who is a child of one or more alumni of Anderson University. Transfers are ineligible
- Two short essays (responding to questions posed on application)
- Activity/involvement in service and leadership activities
- Apply to AU using our application or the common app.
- Become an admitted student.
- Create your scholarship profile.
*Children of Alumni Council members can be eligible; however, the council member who is the parent of the applicant(s) must remove him/herself from involvement and voting.
Anderson University is on a mission to educate students for lives of faith and service, offering more than 60 undergraduate majors, 30 three-year degrees, 20 NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports, alongside adult and graduate programs. The private, liberal arts institution is fully accredited and recognized among top colleges for its business, computer science, cybersecurity, dance, engineering, nursing, and teacher education programs. Anderson University was established in 1917 in Anderson, Indiana, by the Church of God.