BACKPACKING IN SPAIN
Travel with Tri-S: Study, Serve, Share
Dates: May 8-18, 2023
Have you ever dreamed of backpacking in Spain? Join fellow Ravens as we travel to Europe, now is your chance! Hike the Camino de Santiago in northern Spain also known as the Way of St James. Be one of the thousands of people from all over the world who are attracted to this fairly-flat pilgrimage route steeped in ancient history. Also, explore the beautiful city of Santander, a combination of green mountain landscapes with white sand beaches and elegant architecture. Don’t miss this unique experience and trip of a lifetime!
The itinerary and program details are subject to change. Additional expenses may include a hiking gear, passport, visa, immunizations/vaccinations, departure tax, baggage fees, transportation to and from the departure city, trip cancellation insurance, some meals, and personal expenses.
- Monday, May 8: Team departs for Santiago
- Tuesday, May 9: Arrive in Spain, explore Santiago
- Wednesday, May 10: Hike Camino de Santiago
- Thursday, May 11: Hike Camino de Santiago
- Friday, May 12: Hike Camino de Santiago
- Saturday, May 13: Hike Camino de Santiago
- Sunday, May 14: Hike Camino de Santiago
- Monday, May 15: End hike on Camino de Santiago; transfer to Santander
- Tuesday, May 16: Peninsula of Magdalena
- Wednesday, May 17: Beach day in Santander
- Thursday, May 18: Team Arrives in U.S.
- February 1: Application & $300 non-refundable deposit due
- February 7: First group meeting
- March 10: $1,500 due & submit a copy of your driver’s license to your leader
- April 7: $2,150 (or remaining balance) due
Camino de Santiago
The Camino de Santiago — literally the “Way of St. James” — is Europe’s ultimate pilgrimage route. Since the Middle Ages, pilgrims have walked hundreds of miles across North Spain to pay homage to the remains of St. James. It leads to the tomb believed to be that of the Apostle Saint James the Greater, in the crypt of Santiago de Compostela Cathedral. The Camino was, and still is, Europe’s oldest, busiest, and most well-known route.