COVID-19 Protocols: Testing Positive
If you tested positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms and are waiting for test results, please follow these instructions.
You need to quarantine for at least 5 days.
- If there are other people in your home, wear a mask around them and keep your distance.
- Do not travel for 10 days.
On day 6, check in with yourself: how are you feeling?
- If you do not have symptoms or your symptoms are improving and you have been free of a fever for 24 hours, you may resume normal activity while wearing a mask for another 5 days.
- If your symptoms are not improving and/or you still have a fever, you need to stay home until you have been fever free for 24 hours and your symptoms have improved.
- After you feel completely better you may resume normal activity while still wearing a mask through day 10.
If your symptoms persist or you have additional concerns, contact your healthcare provider to discuss further treatment options.
You can use this free tool provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to calculate your quarantine.