ECUADOR EDUCATION TRIP
Travel with Tri-S: Study, Serve, Share
Leader: Jeff and Tina Trotter
Dates: March 8 – 16, 2024
Venture with Tri-S to Ecuador’s capital city of Quito and the world-renowned surrounding countryside, where we will experience breathtaking natural wonders, rich cultural heritage, and delicious Ecuadorian cuisine. Our adventure in Ecuador will include service opportunities with Camp Hope Orphanage and Jungle Kids for Christ. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity!
(The itinerary and program details are subject to change.)
- March 8: Team departs Indianapolis and arrives in Quito, Ecuador
- March 9: Cultural Orientation, Colonial Quito, Ecuadorian Cooking Class
- March 10: Banos Waterfall and Ziplining, Arrive at Jungle Kids for Christ.
- March 11: Work with Jungle Kids for Christ, Chocolate Farm
- March 12: Work with Jungle Kids for Christ, Amazoonico Animal Refuge
- March 13: Work with Jungle Kids for Christ, Waterfall Hike, and Swim
- March 14: Return to Quito, Papallacta Hot Springs
- March 15: Work at Camp Hope, Artisan Market
- March 16: Mitad del Mundo, Teleferico Gondola Ride,
- March 17: Arrive in Indianapolis
$2,475 plus airfare (estimated at $1,500) =~$3,975
Cost includes round-trip airfare from Indianapolis, most meals, lodging, transportation in-country, orientation, group activities, travel insurance, and program tips.
Want to take your program for course credit?
This trip can be taken for course credit, EDUC 4810 Educational Internship. No prerequisites. It is your responsibility to sign up for this course with your advisor for spring semester. If you have specific questions about the course, please contact Dr. Jeffrey Trotter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you take the trip for credit, you can use financial aid to cover the cost of the trip. Your student account will be charged for the cost of the trip with the course in the spring. You will make payments as you normally would for spring tuition. If you have questions about potential financial aid available to you, please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship at email@example.com.
- October 1 (EXTENDED DEADLINE-December 1):
- Copy of your passport or birth certificate
- $2,475 due (no credit)
- November 7: First group meeting
- January 15: Airfare due (or remaining balance – no credit)
- 61 days or more prior to the start date of trip — Deposit of $300 per person is non-refundable as well as any flights booked for travelers (a credit per traveler may be issued through the airline).
- 30-60 days prior to the start date of trip — Deposit of $300 per person is non-refundable as well as loss of any non-refundable excursions, any flights booked for travelers (a credit per traveler may be issued through the airline), and 25% of per person total cost.
- 15-30 days prior to the start date of trip — Deposit of $300 per person is non-refundable as well as loss of any non-refundable excursions, any flights booked for travelers (a credit per traveler may be issued through the airline), and 50% of per person total cost.
- 0-15 days prior to the start date of the trip — No refund will be given.