Student Accessibility Services (SAS)

Attention New Students Fall 2023Any incoming student who has special academic access needs and/or wants information about reasonable accommodations should contact the Director of Student Accessibility Services, Teresa Coplin, by email ( as soon as possible.


Anderson University offers learning support services for all students who qualify under the ADAAA/Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. To secure reasonable accommodations, students must notify the office of Student Accessibility Services (SAS) of the disability, provide appropriate documentation of the disability, and request specific accommodations. SAS is located in the Kissinger Academic Center for Excellence in the Nicholson Library. Students who have questions should contact Teresa Coplin, director of SAS, at ext. 4223 on campus, (765) 641-4223 off campus, or by email at

In addition, support may be available for students with short-term issues, such as broken bones. These students may qualify for temporary assistance, such as a scribe for test taking or a short-term parking sticker for designated parking.

We do not provide evaluations through our office, but we can assist with information related to evaluations through outside agencies. Feel free to call our office if you currently qualify or think you might qualify for services and support.

Information For Students Requesting Sign Language Interpreting Services 
A qualified sign language interpreter for classes and other appropriate events is one of the accommodations available for students who are deaf or have a hearing impairment. Providing interpreter services requires advance planning and cooperation from the student. SAS does not train or evaluate the interpreters. View an informational PDF.

Information for Students with Food Allergies
Students with food allergies should complete the Anderson University Food Allergy Policy and submit it to the office of the Dean of Students. View the form on the Health Services web area.

Information for Students Regarding Emotional Support Animals
Students with disabilities needing information about the accommodation of an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) should read the Anderson University Emotional Support Animal Policy and Agreement available via the AU Housing homepage. Students who feel they meet the requirements may contact or call (765) 641-4190 to request the newest updated application.

Information Regarding Service Animals
Service Animal owners who plan to bring a Service Animal on campus are encouraged to register the animal with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). Although registration is not required, it has benefits for the owner. For example, SAS staff can provide advance notice to university personnel that the owner and service animal are entitled to access. Also, SAS staff can help educate faculty and others that they should not distract or pet a service animal. The intended purpose of voluntary registration is to facilitate faculty and staff working well with service animal owners. For more information, please see the Anderson University Service Animal Policy located in the Student Handbook.

MEET our team

Transfer Admissions -duplicated

Teresa Coplin, an employee at Anderson University in Indiana

Teresa Coplin

Director of Student Accessibility Services

Cindy Riekenberg-Irvin, an employee of Anderson University, Anderson Indiana

Cindy Riekenberg-Irvin

Assistant to the Director of Student Accessibility Services