Policy for Rental and Use of AU Facilities
It shall be the policy of Anderson University to make its facilities available on a rental/use basis to a wide range of persons and organizations whose purposes, programs, and conduct are not in conflict with the mission, goals, objectives, and standards of Anderson University. Use shall be subject to guidelines maintained by the University Administration, and shall be communicated by the Director of Conference and Event Services upon initial correspondence with those intending to apply for use.
Guidelines for the Rental and Use of AU Facilities
- Anderson University facilities shall serve first the academic, academic support, residential, and student life programming needs throughout the entire calendar year.
- Secondly, the facilities shall be made available on a rental/use basis to Church of God agencies, congregations, and related groups in support of their respective programs, but may not become the base for on-going congregational programs.
- Thirdly, the facilities shall be made available on a rental/use basis to other Christian denominational groups; service and civic organizations; private, public, and proprietary educational programs; arts and sports schools, camps, and programs; and business and industrial organizations in Madison County.
- Finally, the facilities shall be made available also to religious, educational, recreational, service, business, and industrial organizations from outside Madison County in support of their respective programs.
- Use of University facilities by any church organization shall be for other than the maintenance of regular worship services. However, congregations whose facilities have been denied to them due to an emergency may request and be granted rental and use of Anderson University facilities for a clearly defined short-term period of time through the Director of Conference and Performance Events with final permission for such a contract by the Vice-president of Finance.
- No facilities, including those designated for dining, shall be available to persons or organizations of a proprietary nature whose purpose is to demonstrate, promote, or sell any products, merchandise, or services in conjunction with the facility rental or use except on a closed to the public basis. Events of a performance or conference nature may have the privilege of sales under set guidelines outlined in the respective contracts of those events.
Arrangements for the rental and use of Anderson University facilities during the academic year shall be made as follows:
- All arrangements for use of academic areas on weekdays during the academic year by University related persons, departments, or organizations should be made through the Associate Registrar’s Office. Such use, if institutional in nature, shall be free of charge.
- Use of public/common areas in all facilities by University and non-University related persons, departments, or organizations shall be arranged through the Director of Conference and Performance Events.
- Use of Byrum Hall and York Performance Hall by University related persons, departments, or organizations should be arranged through the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance.
- Use of dining room/meeting room spaces in the Olt Student Center by all University and non-University related persons, departments, or organizations shall be arranged by the Director of Food Service or the Director of Conference and Performance Events. Use of the game room shall be arranged through the Department of Student Life.
- The use of outdoor athletic facilities shall be arranged through the Athletic Director.
- All other rental and use of facilities by University and non-University related persons, departments or organizations shall be arranged through the Director of Conference and Performance Events.
From the Sunday immediately following Commencement in May through the opening of New Student Days in August, responsibility for arrangements for use of all University facilities falls to the Director of Conference and Performance Events.