We are excited that you are considering AU as a place to study dance during your summer break, and we promise that your experience here will be one of excitement, passion, and pure enjoyment. You will be taking classes from some of the top teachers and professionals in the area, as well as learning repertory that is sure to be engaging and challenging.
Rising 8th-12th graders and college freshmen are welcome.
June 25-30, 2023
Sunday – Friday
Students selecting the residential experience will arrive on Sunday, June 25 and depart on Friday, June 30. These overnight dancers will have class beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, June 26, and continue into the early evening, with a special repertoire class just for them once the day campers leave for the day.
For those selecting the day camp option, classes will take place Monday, June 26 through Friday, June 30 beginning at 9 a.m. and ending at 3 p.m. Day campers will not have the option to participate in the repertoire class.
- Residential/Overnight – $895 (rising 9th graders and older)
- Day Camp Option – $675 (rising 8th graders and older)
- Full tuition is due at the time of registration
- Cancellation Policy:
- Before May 1: 90% of tuition is refundable
- Before June 1: 50% of tuition is refundable
- After June 1: 25% of tuition is refundable
- The scholarship deadline is May 1.
- Questions regarding registration, housing, or meals contact email@example.com
- Questions regarding programming: AU Dance
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 9-10:30 a.m. Ballet
- 10:30 a.m.-noon Modern
- Noon-1 p.m. Lunch
- 1-2 p.m. Pilates
- 2-3 p.m. Jazz
- 3-4 p.m. Global Dance
- 4-5:30 p.m. Repertoire/Rehearsal
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Dinner
- 6:30-8 p.m. Repertoire/Rehearsal
- 8:30-10 p.m. Evening Activities
- Movie night
- Q&A session regarding college, auditioning, and life as a professional dancer
- Coffee & conversation at Mocha Joe’s
- Ballet — Women must wear tights and solid-color leotards, as well as ballet shoes. Men must wear tights and solid-color leotards or form-fitting solid-colored shirt/tank top, as well as ballet shoes.
- Jazz — Women must wear tights or dance leggings/pants, as well as leotard or fitted shirt/tank top. Men must wear jazz pants/form-fitted pants, as well as leotard or fitted shirt/tank top. All dancers must wear jazz shoes.
- Modern, World Dance, and Improvisation — Women must wear fitted pants or shorts and fitted shirts or tank tops. Men must wear fitted pants or shorts and shirts or tank tops. Bare feet will be the requirement for these classes.
- Warm-ups will be allowed for the first minutes of class, but then must be promptly removed.