Summer Dance Intensive
Rising 8th-12th graders and college freshmen are welcome.
June 20-25, 2021
Sunday – Friday
Students selecting the residential experience will arrive on Sunday, June 20 and depart on Friday, June 25. These overnight dancers will have class beginning at 9:00am on Monday, June 21, and continue into the early evening, with a special repertoire class just for them once the day campers leave for the day.
For those selecting the day camp option, classes will take place Monday, June 21 through Friday, June 25 beginning at 9:00am and ending at 3:00pm. Day campers will not have the option to participate in the repertoire class.
- Residential/Overnight – $875 (rising 9th graders and older)
- Day Camp Option – $650 (rising 8th graders and older)
- A $100 deposit is due at the time of registration. Payment plans are available.
- Cancellation Policy: After May 1st, $100 deposit is non-refundable.
- The scholarship deadline is May 1st.
- 7:30 – 8:30am Breakfast
- 9-10:30am Ballet
- 10:30-noon Modern
- Noon-1pm Lunch
- 1-2pm Pilates
- 2-3pm Jazz
- 3-4pm Global Dance
- 4-5:30pm Repertoire/Rehearsal
- 5:30-6:30pm Dinner
- 6:30-8pm Repertoire/Rehearsal
- 8:30-10pm Evening Activities
- Movie night
- Q&A session regarding college, auditioning, and life as a professional dancer
- Coffee & conversation at Mocha Joe’s
- Ballet — Women must wear tights and solid-color leotards, as well as ballet shoes. Men must wear tights and solid-color leotards or form-fitting solid-colored shirt/tank top, as well as ballet shoes.
- Jazz — Women must wear tights or dance leggings/pants, as well as leotard or fitted shirt/tank top. Men must wear jazz pants/form-fitted pants, as well as leotard or fitted shirt/tank top. All dancers must wear jazz shoes.
- Modern, World Dance, and Improvisation — Women must wear fitted pants or shorts and fitted shirts or tank tops. Men must wear fitted pants or shorts and shirts or tank tops. Bare feet will be the requirement for these classes.
- Warm-ups will be allowed for the first minutes of class, but then must be promptly removed.