Student Accessibility Services (SAS)

Anderson University offers reasonable accommodations for all students who qualify under the ADA Amendments Act/Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. To secure reasonable accommodations, students must notify the office of Student Accessibility Services (SAS) of the disability, provide appropriate documentation of the disability, and request specific accommodations.

In addition, support may be available for students with short-term issues, such as broken bones. These students may qualify for temporary assistance, such as a scribe for test taking or a short-term parking sticker for accessible parking.

Attention New Students Fall 2024

Any incoming student who has disability-related access needs and/or wants information about reasonable accommodations should contact the Director of Student Accessibility Services, Teresa Coplin, by email ( as soon as possible.


Contact if you have questions.

Information For Students Requesting Sign Language Interpreting Services

A qualified sign language interpreter for classes and other appropriate events is often one of the accommodations available for students who are deaf. Providing interpreter services requires advance planning and cooperation from the student. Students are urged to request interpreter services from SAS as soon as possible, preferably at least six weeks before the beginning of a new semester. View an informational PDF.

Information for Students with Food Allergies

Students with food allergies should complete the Anderson University Food Allergy Policy and submit it to the office of the Dean of Students. View the form on the Health Services web page.

Information for Students Regarding Emotional Support Animals

Students with disabilities needing information about the accommodation of an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) should read the Anderson University Emotional Support Animal Policy and Agreement available via the AU Housing homepage. Students who feel they meet the requirements may contact or call (765) 641-4190 to request the newest updated application.

Information Regarding Service Animals

Service Animal owners who plan to bring a Service Animal on campus are encouraged to register the animal with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). Although registration is not required, it has benefits for the owner. For example, SAS staff can provide advance notice to university personnel that the owner and service animal are entitled to access. Also, SAS staff can help educate faculty and others that they should not distract or pet a service animal. The intended purpose of voluntary registration is to facilitate faculty and staff working well with service animal owners. For more information, please see the Anderson University Service Animal Policy located in the Student Handbook.

Meet Our SAS Team

We’d love to connect with you.

_ Student Accessibility Services

Teresa Coplin, an employee at Anderson University in Indiana

Teresa Coplin

Director of Student Accessibility Services (SAS)

Cindy Riekenberg-Irvin, an employee of Anderson University, Anderson Indiana

Cindy Riekenberg-Irvin

Assistant to Director, Student Accessibility Services (SAS)

Contact Us

We’re dedicated to your success at AU.


(765) 641-4223


SAS is located in the Kissinger Academic Center for Excellence in the Nicholson Library

Office Hours

8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Monday – Friday