Christian ministry degree
Explore the religious experience of humankind from a Christian perspective. Gain a biblical, theological, and pastoral Christian education, field courses, and experiences central to preparing Christian leaders.
The Christian ministry major at Anderson University is designed to prepare students to impact the world for Christ as servant leaders. This program is intended to be the first step in a plan for lifelong learning within ministry.
Explore coursework designed to develop your appreciation for the biblical foundations of the Christian faith and develop your appreciation for and critical reflection of Christian beliefs, practices, and experiences.
Explore Christian MinistrY
The program is designed for students desiring to enter the field upon graduation, but who might choose to continue their studies later, and for students entering seminary immediately upon graduation. Courses in this major encourage ministry practice and informed reflection on that practice, giving students a robust, well-rounded education of both depth and breadth within the calling of ministry.
- Graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in 3 or 4 years.
- Complete the 4+1 program, from BA to MDiv.
- Complete a minor in Christian Ministry.
- Looking for our online option? Learn more about our online ministry degree.
Christian ministry is also offered as a complementary major, and may be taken in conjunction with another major. This approach strengthens students’ preparation for servanthood in today’s world by connecting theological, biblical, and ministerial knowledge with students’ base of knowledge. It offers the opportunity to prepare for ministry while also preparing for another profession, and gives students a broad base in preparation for graduate study in ministry, as well.
Many of our students transition into graduate programs at the Anderson University School of Theology and Christian Ministry, but others have attended Claremont School of Theology, Duke Divinity School, Union Theological Seminary, Vanderbilt University, Fuller Theological Seminary, and Asbury Theological Seminary.
If you are interested in graduate school as a next step, we encourage you to learn more about the 4+1 track of our Christian ministry and master of divinity program, which can be completed in five years.
The AU Department of Christian Ministry stresses the Bible as the basis of ministry training. Christian ministries majors undertake internships and experiential courses with agencies such as Urban Studies in cities like Chicago or Indianapolis, and the Heart Institute in Florida.
- Campus Minister
- Non-Profit Leadership
- Graduate study in ministry
- Lay ministry while pursuing another profession
- A position of leadership in ministry in a local congregation, a church-related organization, or a related field
- History of Christianity
- Christian Ethics
- Methods in Biblical Exegesis
- Ministry Seminar
- Theology in a Ministry Context
- Hermeneutics: The Practice of Interpreting
- American Religious History
- Introduction to Christian Theology
- View the courses required for the full major.
- View the courses required for the complementary major.
Meet Our Faculty
School of Theology
Receive a curated list of programs to explore for your college career.