Bible and Religion
School of Theology and Christian Ministry
At Anderson University, students majoring in Bible and religion receive a solid foundation in Scripture by studying biblical passages and sources of Christianity, as well as its theology, its practice, and its relation to life and culture.
This major is designed to fortify students with a well-rounded and intellectual understanding of Scripture, the Christian faith, and ways to view and understand it. Students will become proficient interpreters as they read with a theological, historical, and linguistic lens. This area of study is a strong choice for students who want to interpret biblical texts, share theological truth, grow in knowledge and understanding, and strengthen their personal witness.
Bible & Religion
Courses in this major are drawn from the areas of theology, Bible, and religion. Students will learn to integrate biblical studies into other disciplines, apply Scripture to contemporary society, and explore what this means for their unique calling.
The AU Bible and religion degree prepares students for seminary, graduate school, a Ph.D. on a non-seminary track, or to combine ministry within another career field.
Bible & religion major
- Graduate with a BA in Bible & Religion in three years.
- Graduate with a BA in Bible & Religion in four years.
- Senior and Associate Pastors
- Youth Pastor
- Policy Advocate
- Students complete internships in churches and related agencies each year.
- Experiential learning is stressed through urban studies courses in Chicago, New York City, and Washington, D.C.
- The AU Department of Christian Ministry stresses the Bible as the basis of ministry training.
Let’s connect during your campus visit.
Receive a curated list of programs to explore for your college career.