School of Theology & Christian Ministry International Student Application Process
Overview of the School of Theology & Christian Ministry International Student Application Process
- Online Application
- Three (3) References: Pastor/Church Leader, Professor/Employer, and Personal
- Official bachelor’s degree transcripts via course-by-course transcript evaluation (approx $300 USD)
- Provide proof of minimum $25,000 USD in finances to cover the cost of one academic year of tuition and expenses.
- Online essay form
- Financial Support & Documentation: Anderson University does not have an international student scholarship program so you must be able to demonstrate the ability to pay for tuition, books, and other expenses. You will be required to provide proof of financial resources to cover a minimum of $25,000 USD in tuition and expenses for one academic year. You should be able to provide the majority of your own finances and must provide supporting documentation such as signed bank statements. See the Affidavit of Support & Financial Documentation below. All documents should be in English.
- Evidence of English Proficiency
- Copy of passport photo page
Submit all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For documents that can only be mailed, send to:
Attn: AGA Processing
1100 E. 5th Street
Anderson, IN 46012
As you complete the application, there will be an option to add email addresses for your recommendations. If you do this, the system will automatically send them an online reference form to complete. You do not need to do anything else. If you do not include recommendation email addresses in your application, then please email your reference letters to us.
We require a course by course transcript evaluation of transcripts issued by a college/university outside of the USA. This will cost about $300 USD. To be official, transcripts must be sent directly to us from the credential evaluator. When prompted, choose to send your evaluation to Anderson University in Anderson, Indiana. For transcript evaluations we suggest using World Evaluation Services or Educational Credential Evaluators.
Affidavit of Support & Financial Documentation
Anderson University does not have an international student scholarship program so you must be able to demonstrate the ability to pay for tuition, books, and other expenses. You will provide proof of financial resources by submitting the SOT Affidavit of Support form with supporting documentation as noted on the form such as signed bank statements. The SOT Affidavit of Support form with supporting documentation may be submitted to make up any difference. All documents should be in English.
Evidence of English Proficiency
Send us an email with proof of English proficiency by submitting documentation of ONE of the following:
- Completion of English as Second Language (ESL) classes:
- Pass level 6
- Preferred TOEFL scores:
- 72 paper-based test
- 210 computer-based test
- 78 internet-based test.
- Preferred IELTS score:
- Preferred Duolingo English Test score:
- 105 (this change is in effect for Summer 2022 enrollment)
The English Proficiency requirement may be waived If English is a primary language in your country of birth, country of residence, high school attended, or college/university attended. Please contact your admissions recruiter to confirm.
Getting your I-20 and Visa
After you have been accepted to Anderson University and all required documentation has been approved by our international advisor, we will let you know that it is time to submit your SOT deposit. Once the deposit is received, we will issue an I-20.
By this point, we will be working very closely with you and will walk with you through the rest of the visa process. Do not make travel plans or purchase airline tickets until you have been issued your visa.