High School Counselors & Staff
At AU, we love and appreciate our high school counselors and staff. It goes without saying, but we recognize how challenging this year will be for you. You’re the real MVPs! We can’t thank you enough for your late nights, early mornings, and numerous virtual meetings, all to support your students. Our desire is for this page to be a virtual “one-stop shop” for everything you may need specific to AU. We wanted to make it as easy as possible for you to resource your students and staff as you help them navigate one of the biggest decisions of their lives during this unprecedented time.
Who are we?
Anderson University is a private, liberal arts, faith-based university in Anderson, Indiana. At AU, students don’t have to believe to belong, but are encouraged and challenged, through strong academics and Christian discovery, to become graduates with a global perspective who are competent, caring, creative, and generous.
For students to receive an admissions decision, all we need is a completed application and a submitted transcript from the school. Counselors can either email firstname.lastname@example.org or it can be sent via Parchment or Naviance.
- Application takes 10-15 minutes
- No essay or application fee!
- Test optional (SAT/ACT not a requirement for admittance to the University)
- We are on the CommonApp
- Our application deadline is rolling and there is no early action deadline (we still recommend students applying as early as possible)
Some things in life just have to be experienced. For that simple reason, we are passionate about students visiting campus. We are currently hosting both in-person and virtual visits. Our individual visits are personalized and tailored to each guest. They will have the opportunity to meet with an admissions counselor, take a tour of campus, meet with a faculty member within their desired major, and if they are an athlete interested in playing in college, meet with a coach.
AU has many scholarships available based on a variety of criteria and some require an application or a few additional steps to be awarded.
Merit Scholarships are automatic scholarships based on either GPA or a combination of GPA + SAT/ACT score (whichever is most beneficial for student). These merit scholarships are also stackable with other AU scholarships, outside scholarships, and aid through FAFSA.
- Edwards Scholarship (GPA> 3.75): $16,000/year
- Nicholson Scholarship (GPA 3.50-3.74): $14,000/year
- Reardon Scholarship (GPA 3.25-3.49): $11,000/year
- Morrison Award (GPA 2.75-3.24): $9,000/year
- Raven Award (GPA < 2.74): $6,000/year
To calculate merit scholarship or to learn more about scholarships, click here.
At Anderson University, every academic program is designed to lead students on a personal journey of discovery made possible by authentic interactions students, their peers, and their faculty. There are over 50+ majors on campus with integrated experiential learning for each student.
- Nursing: Ranked #1 nursing program in Indiana 2 years in row with high NCLEX pass rate
- Engineering: ABET accredited (highest level and equal to Big 10 schools) and opportunities for students to work on projects Day 1
- Cybersecurity & National Security Studies: Unique and growing programs that recently received a $1 million Lilly Grant.
- Education: 93% placement rate after graduation
- Business: 3+1 program, numerous internship opportunities, all classes taught by full-time faculty
Their college career is waiting to be discovered.
Your students can take AU’s free college career quiz. It takes less than 5 minutes, and the results give students a chance to explore any of our eight different career paths. The goal of the career quiz is for students to think about how they want to spend their time in college and how they want to grow and develop.