Travel with Tri-S: Study, Serve, Share
Leader: Tami Miller
Dates: December 27, 2023 – January 7, 2024
Cost: $2,600 plus airfare (estimated at $1,900) =~$4,500
Cost includes round-trip airfare from Chicago, most meals, lodging, transportation in country, orientation, group activities, travel insurance, and program tips. The exact airfare amount will be available on or before September 12.
Have you ever dreamed of experiencing temples, jungles, floating markets, palaces, beaches, and mountains all in the Land of Smiles? Now is your chance to encounter the beauty and wonder of Thailand! Explore its manmade and natural wonders while learning about some of the traditional culture and ways of life as you serve the people who live in this amazing country. Don’t wait to sign up!
The itinerary and program details are subject to change. Additional expenses may include a passport, visa, immunizations/vaccinations, departure tax, baggage fees, transportation to and from the departure city, trip cancellation insurance, some meals, and personal expenses.
- December 27: Team departs U.S. for Bangkok
- December 28: Travel Day
- December 29: Team arrives in Bangkok, Grand Palace, Was Pho
- December 30: Ministry Time, Floating Market
- December 31: Ministry Time, Ayuthaya Historical Park, NYE Celebration
- January 1: Transfer to Chiang Mai, Dom Suthep, Chedi Luang, Pha Lat
- January 2: Ministry Time, Boat ride on Mae Ping River
- January 3: Day trip to Dom Inthanon National Park, Chiang Mai Gate Market
- January 4: Ministry Time, Elephant Nature Park, Shopping at Sunday Walking Street
- January 5: Team departs Chiang Mai for U.S.
- January 6: Travel Day
- January 7: Team arrives in the U.S.
- July 1: Application & $300 non-refundable deposit & signed, color copy of your passport due
- August 15: $1,150 due
- September 12: First group meeting
- September 15: $1,150 due
- October 15: Airfare due (or remaining balance due)