FAQ Alumni Oral History Project
I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and a story about Anderson University. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
It’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for Anderson University. PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows Anderson University to hear about your personal AU experiences and explain how Anderson University has helped shape your life.
The Anderson University Oral History Publication is available for sale only to Anderson University alumni.
Does Anderson University benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – preserves the history of our school
- Revenue – generates non-dues revenue for alumni programs
- Pride–wearing apparel and showcasing the publication shows support and love for our school
How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses, and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or the law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable Information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
Does it cost to have my story included in this publication?
There is no cost to share your story, and we invite all alumni to participate. If interested, you will have an opportunity to purchase the publication as a hardbound book or digital collection. The final publication will be delivered in the book and digital formats in June 2022 to purchasing alumni.
I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time at Anderson University. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to Anderson University at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated Anderson University update line at 1-800-550-4773.
Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information to be excluded. You can also communicate your contact preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-550-4773 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternative text: When you share your story, your name, graduation year, and degree will be included. If you prefer any of your information to be excluded, you may communicate that with PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-550-4773.
I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to share.
You can call back at any time to share your story.
I shared a story and the representative said I could send some photos. How do I do this?
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
I’d like to add/remove info from my story.
You will receive an email prior to publication with a link to review your transcribed story and make any edits.
Can anyone purchase a book?
The Anderson University Oral History Publication is available for sale only to Anderson University alumni. If you are not an AU alumnus and would like to purchase a book, please call 1-800-550-4773.
When will I receive my book?
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in June 2021, the books will be distributed in June/July 2022.
I ordered a book/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-550-4773 and they will take care of this for you.