Your Repayment Options
Becoming an Authorized Party
Parents or guardians, you may feel left in the dark about the billing, especially if you are making the payments. Fear not, Nelnet has a way that you can be brought into the loop if your student forgets to inform you about a bill. Once set up as an “Authorized Party” you will be able to receive bills, make payments, and set up payment plans.
This 5 step guide will help you traverse the Nelnet process.
- To set up an Authorized party, your student needs to log onto their Nelnet portal through the Access AU Academics page. Once there, they will click on the tile labeled Nelnet Acct Balance and Payments (as seen below).
- Once the student clicks on this tile it will redirect them to the Nelnet login page. This page will auto-populate their student account information that is associated with Anderson University. They will need to just look over it and make any changes or additions.
- Once on the main webpage, there will be a box that says “Add an Authorized Party.” This is where your student will be able to add who they want as an authorized party.
- Clicking on that link will redirect the student here:
- Once this is filled out, an email will be sent to the authorized party. They will then be able to go into Nelnet and create their own sign-in. Once done, authorized parties will be able to make payments, set up payment plans, and receive billing statements.
- Please note that if you are an authorized party on Nelnet, we strongly recommend that you be listed on the FERPA. If you need to ask questions or troubleshoot anything with the student accounts team, AU will not be able to discuss anything regarding the student’s account if the authorized party on Nelnet is not on the FERPA.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. A parent or guardian must be authorized on the student’s FERPA form to receive any information that pertains to the student. This includes but is not limited to: bills/billing, payments, financial aid, charges, and class schedule. For the full list and other information please visit this webpage.
If you are making payments or are an authorized party on Nelnet, it is strongly recommended that you be on the FERPA. Even if you are an authorized party on Nelnet and not on the FERPA we will not be able to discuss anything regarding your student with you.
Authorized Party: Making Online Payments
Have you been made an Authorized Party on Nelnet?
- Yes: Login at www.nbspayments.com.
- No: Reach out to your student to work together to make a payment through their account, or to add you as an Authorized Party on Nelnet.
To make a payment by mail:
PO Box 11588
Fort Wayne, IN 46859-1588
Please include the student ID# in the memo line of the check.
To make a payment in person:
Decker Hall, Cashier’s Window
1100 East 5th St
Anderson, IN 46012
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-888-765-3046. We are located in the Business Office in the bottom of Decker Hall.