The Kardatzke Wellness Center is a resource for all students, faculty, staff, alumni, and families. To use the facility, these patrons present their valid university ID card at the information desk.
Academic Year Hours
Monday – Thursday: 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Friday: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday: 1 – 11 p.m.
The hours and fees for the Bennett Natatorium are different from the wellness center.
Information Desk: (765) 641-4560
Weight Room: (765) 641-3882
Athletic Department Office: (765) 641-4478
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is authorized to use Kardatzke Wellness Center?
- Current AU faculty, staff, and students
- The spouse of a current faculty, staff, student, retiree, or Board of Trustees
- The dependent children of current faculty, staff, student, or Board of Trustees (up to age 24)
- University retiree or member of Board of Trustees
- Donors (as determined by Development Office)
*Refer faculty, staff, and retirees to Human Resources in Decker Hall
*Refer students to registrar’s office in Decker Hall
*Refer donors to Alumni Office/Development Office.
What is the process to obtain a Kardatzke Wellness Center Pass?
- Paying an annual $700 fee which is broken down as follows:
- $500 tax-deductible donation ($150 is automatically donated to the KWC and $350 is donated to the AU Student Fund or the University program of the donor’s choice)
- $200 KWC usage fee (non tax-deductible)
- Contacting the Alumni Office (Decker Hall 214 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to verify eligibility and fill out an application form.
- Taking the authorized forms to the Security Office in Hardacre Hall to have a picture ID taken for a one-time $20 fee.
Does the KWC offer any classes?
View the pool website for more information about swimming lessons or water aerobics.
Are there any alterations to KWC hours for athletic teams?
The men’s staff locker room area will close at approximately 5 p.m. on Wednesday night’s through basketball season (February) to accommodate officials for home men’s and women’s basketball games. Please use the locker room area at Bennett Natatorium.