Travel with Tri-S: Study, Serve, Share
Dates: May 8-19, 2023
Visit the second tallest capital in the world, Quito, Ecuador, located on the slopes of the Pichincha volcano at nearly 10,000 feet above sea level. Serve alongside various organizations to learn about and make a difference in the lives of the Ecuadorian people whose lives are being touched. Journey to the jungle where you will explore caves, hike to a waterfall, learn how to make your own chocolate on a cacao farm, and gaze at some of the native animals that inhabit the area. This will be the trip of a lifetime. Don’t miss out!
The itinerary and program details are subject to change. Additional expenses may include a passport, visa, immunizations/vaccinations, departure tax, baggage fees, transportation to and from the departure city, trip cancellation insurance, some meals, and personal expenses.
- Monday, May 8: Team departs from U.S.
- Tuesday, May 9: Ecuador orientation, Colonial Quito
- Wednesday, May 10: Depart for the jungle, Jumandi Caves, Dinner with missionaries
- Thursday, May 11: Ministry with Jungle Kids for Christ, Pottery class
- Friday, May 12: Ministry with Jungle Kids for Christ, Cacao “chocolate” farm
- Saturday, May 13: Amazoonica, Waterfall hike, Free evening
- Sunday, May 14: Return to Quito, Papallacta Hot Springs
- Monday, May 15: Mindo zip lining
- Tuesday, May 16: Ministry with Second Chances, Ecuadorian cooking class
- Wednesday, May 17: Ministry with Pan de Vida, Artisan market
- Thursday, May 18: Mitad del Mundo, Teleferico, Depart for the U.S.
- Friday, May 19: Team arrives in the U.S.
- February 1: Application due
- February 7: $300 non-refundable deposit due and first group meeting
- March 10: $1,500 and copy of passport due
- April 7: $1,700 due