Travel with Tri-S: Study, Serve, Share
Dates: May 7-13, 2023
Have you ever dreamed of backpacking through the Smoky Mountains? Now is your chance to encounter the beauty and wonder in South Carolina! This backpacking experience is for those who love the outdoors, hiking, tent camping, and seeing new places This trip is physically demanding and participants must be in good health and able to carry a pack, tent, and all supplies for the duration of the trip. ALL BACKPACKING EQUIPMENT PROVIDED.
The itinerary and program details are subject to change. Additional expenses may include some meals and personal expenses.
- Sunday, May 7: Depart from Anderson for Asheville, North Carolina; orientation with Wildland Trekking
- Monday, May 8: Depart Asheville, Start hiking, Mount Sterling, Appalachian Loop
- Tuesday, May 9: Hike to Mount Cammerer Fire Tower
- Wednesday, May 10: Hike to Smokies Crest and Mount Guyot
- Thursday, May 11: Hike Baxter Creek Trail, Depart Smoky Mountains for Asheville
- Friday, May 12: Free/rest day in Asheville
- Saturday, May 13: Team departs for Anderson
- Upon Approval Pay $300 non-refundable deposit
- February 7: First group meeting
- March 10: $1,500 due & submit a copy of your driver’s license to your leader
- April 7: $835 (or remaining balance) due