Here at AU, residence life is about more than just where you live. This is your community, your friends, and your family while at college. The intentional relationships that you build with your RD, RA, roommate, and floormates can make positive, lasting impressions on your life and your relationship with Christ.
New Students will be assigned housing during the summer months.
Returning Students enter room draw every spring semester to select their room for the following school year.
Residence Hall Room Draw: Dates & Process
Housing Policy Appeal Process
- If a student is not eligible according to the criteria as stated in the Housing Policy, and believe they have a legitimate exception to the Housing Policy and would like to appeal, they may do so by requesting an appeal packet from email@example.com. Please specify which appeal packet you would like sent to you (commuter or off-campus).
- Complete & Return all required documentation to Student Life (second floor of Decker Hall). Student appeals will be heard by the Housing Appeal Committee and will be notified of their decision via email.
- Appeals will not be accepted after the end of finals week.
- All appeals that are turned in prior to room draw (exact date TBA) will be notified of the committee’s decision before room draw.
- If your appeal packet is submitted after that date, the committee cannot guarantee a decision on your appeal before room draw.
Policy Enforcement: Any student found to be living off-campus/commuting without eligibility or approval will be subject to Disciplinary Probation and fines totaling the amount of two semesters worth of current on-campus housing charges.
Who is eligible to live in an On-Campus Apartment?
Please refer to the housing website to see the housing policy