Anderson University’s roots go back to the Church of God reformation movement, where believers were joined by their mutual commitment to Christ. Over a century ago, the Anderson Bible Training School (now Anderson University) was established with 65 students in ministry training.
Since its founding in 1917, AU has become a place of self-discovery, spiritual growth, and Christ-centered academic formation. But we never forget our roots. Our Church of God scholarship is awarded to students who are actively involved in a Church of God congregation and are recommended by their pastor.
Award: Recipients of this scholarship will be awarded $3,000 toward their tuition, and have the ability to renew it over four years. This financial opportunity can be combined with other scholarships, which means a Christ-centered education is within reach.
- Be an incoming, traditional undergraduate high school or transfer students as of Fall 2020.
- Be actively involved in a CHOG congregation.
- Have a 3.0 high school GPA (and must maintain for renewal).
- Have a recommendation from a CHOG pastor.
- Apply to AU using our application or the common app.
- Become an admitted student.
- Create your scholarship profile.
Anderson University is on a mission to educate students for lives of faith and service, offering more than 60 undergraduate majors, 30 three-year degrees, 20 NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports, alongside adult and graduate programs. The private, liberal arts institution is fully accredited and recognized among top colleges for its business, computer science, cybersecurity, dance, engineering, nursing, and teacher education programs. Anderson University was established in 1917 in Anderson, Indiana, by the Church of God.