Coronavirus: Mail Center Updates
- Staff present Tuesday and Thursday 9am-4pm (please call with questions during these times)
- ONLY package window open: Tues/Thurs 1pm-4pm
- Access to Decker Hall will be my ID card only. Be sure to request the appropriate access for staff needing access to the Mail Center by emailing PPDRequests@anderson.edu
- Window will remain closed.
- Utilize drop box for payments and deposits
- Payments/deposits will be processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Mail clearly identified as a check will be opened and deposited based on historical deposits. If it’s not clear where a deposit should go, cashier will scan the check and email to the department requesting deposit information.
- All other incoming mail (including invoices) will be accepted and sorted into campus mailboxes during days when staff is present.
- USPS Marketing Mail (formerly Third-Class Mail) will be set aside and sorted at a later date – based on future hours (for definitions of USPS Marketing Mail, see HERE).
- Mail will be metered on Tuesdays/Thursdays.
- To ensure mail will go out that day, have items to the Mail Center by 2:30pm by using the “Metered Mail” drop box located to the right of the Cashier Window.
- For larger mailings, please contact Ginger Miller directly to discuss timeline and processing of those mailings.
Package Window: Hours: Tues/Thurs 1pm-4pm
- Packages not necessary to the current day-to-day functions of the university should not be mailed to 1100 E. 5th Street.
- Students should send packages to their current address – if they have been approved to remain in the dorms, they are permitted to continue shipping to the campus address.
- Faculty/Staff personal packages should be sent to their personal address.
- Do not ship perishable packages to campus – as we do not have the capacity to ensure their keeping.
- Medications will only be available for pick up at the times noted.
- Student Mail (for students not approved to remain on campus): Summer mail forwarding procedures will be followed beginning 4/2/2020. Please fill out your forwarding information HERE.