All who wish to major in education, or who wish to seek licensure, must be formally admitted to the teacher preparation program after completing the prerequisite requirements. These requirements must be met prior to enrolling in upper-level education or subject-specific methods courses and in the teaching internship. Transfer students considering a major in education should meet with the Dean of the School of Education to assess eligibility. Admission to the university neither implies nor guarantees acceptance into the teacher preparation program.
Are you ready for the Teacher Preparation Program?
The criteria for eligibility to interview for TPP is as follows:
- Completed EDUC 2000 (or equivalent) with a C or better
- Completed EDUC 2100 with a C or better
- Completed or be enrolled in EDUC 2110 (completed with C or better)
- Completed ENGL 1100 or 1110 and 1120 (completed with C or better)
- Completed the basic skills requirement through earning individual passing scores on all three Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators tests in reading (156), writing (162), and math (150), or a composite score of 460 for all three tests. A 3.75 GPA exempts a candidate from a second attempt in the absence of individual passing scores or a composite of 460.
- Have an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher