- Lemon Drop
- Lemon Drop is a beloved mom-and-pop restaurant in Anderson known for its indoor train track and all-American food.
- Burro Loco
- With being only 5 minutes away from campus in the heart of Downtown Anderson, Burro Loco is a favorite restaurant of many students!
- The pizza place to go in Anderon IN is Mancino’s. Featuring their specialty grinders, you will not be disappointed.
- Gene’s Root Beer
- Gene’s Root Beer is an Iconic drive-in restaurant that features hotdogs and their homemade Root Beer. Catch them during their open season, April – October.
- Eva’s Pancake House
- Anderson’s favorite breakfast spot, Eva’s Pancake house is always open for breakfast and brunch.
- Ninja of Japan
- Ask any AU student and they will agree that Ninja of Japan has the best sushi in A-town.
Places to go
- Mounds State Park
- Mounds State Park is an Indiana State Park that features Native American ceremonial mounds. The park is open year-round and has multiple trails to follow in the beautiful park.
- Collective Roots
- Collective Roots is a cafe and boutique store that features local artisans. Collective Roots offers vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options and local ingredients.
- Paramount Theater
- The Paramount Theater is the gem of Downtown Anderson. It hosts a variety of shows and fundraisers throughout the year, including the music of the year performed by Anderson University students.
- Jackrabbit Coffee
- Jackrabbit is a well-loved off-campus coffee shop in the West Central District that features local artists, vendors, and uses locally roasted coffee. Go check out their seasonal drinks!
- Rangeline Nature Reserve
- This 4.1 miles trail is open throughout the year and offers a great place to get out into nature in Anderson.
- AU Sporting Events
- It’s always sports season at Anderson University! Take a look to see if any of our teams have a home game scheduled while you’re visiting.
- Anderson Museum of Art
- With local to international art, the Anderson Museum of Art is a great place to spend an afternoon.