Anderson University Community Care Covenant
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following community covenant has been adopted. We all live in a close community at AU and we all want to stay as healthy as possible, we are asking that all students, faculty, and staff agree to a community covenant.
This covenant includes an expectation (details below) to follow a 6’ physical distancing in all activities, to wear a facial covering/when in the presence of others, to practice frequent handwashing and respiratory hygiene practices, such as coughing and sneezing into arm or elbow.
We also highly recommend that all students, faculty, and staff be current in immunizations including flu shots.
While these requests may seem inconvenient, AU is committed to implementing the best practices of health and safety on campus. It has become necessary for the University to make a stronger commitment of compliance to the covenant. Students, faculty, staff, and visitors who do not comply with the Community Care Covenant will be required to leave campus immediately. Additional disciplinary action may be decided as appropriate.
In routine ways, being part of the AU community allows the opportunity to support, and be supported by one another. This pandemic has further elevated that commitment, and need for ongoing grace, compassion, and care. While we are adapting to the conditions created by being in a COVID-19 environment, and out of care and concern for colleagues and students, we ask that you commit to honoring this Community Care Covenant:
In order to ensure the well-being of myself and others, I will commit to:
- Greet without shaking hands;
- Respect personal space and practice the six-foot physical distancing;
- No group gatherings larger than five people;
- Practice good hygiene (hand-washing, coughing, and sneezing into bend of the arm or tissue);
- Regular disinfecting of my living space and personal items;
- Work to mitigate the spread of germs on doors, railings, and other high contact areas;
- Wear a facemask in indoor and outdoor public spaces on campus (one face mask will be provided);
- Self-monitor daily using the VeriFly app and if exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, stay home or in your Residence Hall room and report to AU Together in Raven Solutions;
- Journal general activity at the end of each day for potential contact tracing;
- Prioritize virtual or outdoor meetings with social distancing;
- and extend grace, love, and care to myself and others.
Raven Mobile Safety is an emergency alert system capable of delivering messages to your Anderson University and personal email addresses, as well as your office and cell phone.
Community Hospital Anderson COVID-19 hotline
Community Health System hotline
Indiana State Department of Health hotline
After hours: 317-233-1325
AU Health Services