AU Engineering Welcomes Largest Class in Program History


Anderson, Ind. — Anderson University has welcomed its largest incoming class of engineering students in the nine year history of the program with 41 students registered in the Introduction to Engineering course. 

“It’s incredibly exciting for us to be able to guide this group of students towards doing what engineers do best: solving problems to help others,” said Dr. Ben McPheron, chair of physical sciences and engineering. “We can’t wait for them to get plugged into hands-on experiences and collaborate with faculty members who care about their success and development.”

The program recently unveiled its new electrical engineering lab. The lab contains nine benches for 18 students, each complete with a triple output power supply, multimeter, oscilloscope, and waveform generator.  The lab also had new glass whiteboards installed and a brand new projection system.

AU’s mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer engineering degrees are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. Sought worldwide, ABET’s voluntary peer-review process is highly respected because it adds critical value to academic programs in the technical disciplines, where quality, precision, and safety are of the utmost importance.

Engineering students at AU also have the opportunity to utilize the facilities, equipment, and tools in the AU Engineering Center starting day one, allowing students to start innovating, building, and testing as an engineer as soon as they arrive on campus.

Anderson University is on a mission to educate students for lives of faith and service, offering more than 60 undergraduate majors, 30 three-year degrees, 20 NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports, alongside adult and graduate programs. The private, liberal arts institution is fully accredited and recognized among top colleges for its business, computer science, cybersecurity, dance, engineering, nursing, and teacher education programs. Anderson University was established in 1917 in Anderson, Indiana, by the Church of God.