This year’s Homecoming celebration will look different from Homecoming’s past. To consider the health and well-being of our campus community and all of you, all alumni Homecoming events are going to be virtual. However, there are still going to be opportunities to connect with your AU family and friends. We will be hosting Decade Reunions (for the Classes of 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, and 2010), virtual luminaries, an alumni concert showcase, virtual trivia night, esports competition, fall sports tribute, faculty webinars, and much more!
Since we are not going to be able to meet on campus this year, we invite you to “Stay at Home-coming!” We will soon have a ” Stay At Home-coming” packet of printables that you can download for your own Homecoming celebration.
As we lead up to #StillAU Homecoming Weekend, check out this website for links to live and pre-recorded events and other information related to this special weekend.
Friday, Oct. 16
- #StillAU Faculty Webinars – Hear from the voices of our esteemed, award-winning faculty on varying topics.
- Crisis Communication with Stefanie Leiter @ 12 – 1 p.m.
- Social Justice with Brian Dirck @ 6 – 7 p.m.
- Raven2Raven: Asserting in the Workplace with the Department of Psychology, faculty, and students @ 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- 50-year Peru Tri-S reunion – hosted by HL and Sandy Baker
- Time: 4 – 5 p.m.
- Virtual luminaries @ dusk – Be sure to check out the AU Facebook page for a live view of the Valley!
- Virtual trivia night – Create a team with your fellow Ravens and test your knowledge in several trivia topics. The top three teams will walk away with credits for the Anderson University bookstore.
- Time: 8 – 9:30 p.m.
- Sign up to be a part of the fun here.
Saturday, Oct. 17
- Virtual 5K
- Collegians on a Computer Drinking Coffee – E-visit with your favorite profs from your major with fellow alumni. Don’t forget your coffee!
- Various times on Saturday morning. More detailed list to come.
- Sign up here.
- Decade reunion – If you’re a Raven from 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, or 2010, we want to congratulate you on your milestone! Reunite with your classmates from the comfort of your own home. We can’t wait to relive the glory days with you!
- Various times throughout the day
- esports Exhibition
- Time: 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Fall Sports: Past and Present – Experience the evolution of AU sports with this special documentary premiere.
- Time: 2:30 p.m.
- Alumni Awards
- Time: 4 – 5 p.m.
- Alumni Concert Showcase – Our alumni have shared their musical talents across the world. The YouTube premiere link will soon be made available.
- Time: 7 p.m.
Stopping by in the meantime?
Ideas Around Anderson
- Eat at The Lemon Drop
- Have dessert at Good’s Candy Shop
- Eat at Riviera Maya (Downtown or Scatterfield)
- Eat at The Train Stop Deli
- Eat breakfast at The Toast Cafe
- Hungry for some pancakes? Hit up Eva’s Pancakes
- Eat at Art’s Pizza
- Take a walk or go on the biking trails at Mounds State Park
- Grab a cup of Joe at Jackrabbit Coffee
- Enjoy a delicious meal at The Farm Society