Anderson University Transcripts
An official transcript of a student's academic record at Anderson University is available only through the Registrar's Office upon written request of the student.
To receive a copy of your transcript, all financial obligations to the university must be clear/current. If you have a past due balance, there will be a "hold" on your record and we will not be able to release your transcript. If you have a question regarding your account, current students may contact Financial Services at (765) 641-4180; former students should contact the Business Office at (765) 641-4118.
There are three ways to order an official transcript from Anderson University:
Anderson University has retained Credentials, Inc. to accept transcript orders on the Internet via a secured site. Transcripts Plus will facilitate your request for a minimal handling fee (in addition to Anderson University's transcript fees) for up to five transcripts.
- Supports payment by credit card
- Allows you to order any time -- day or night
- Provides e-mail or fax communication with you while your order is being processed
- Permits you to track the status of your order on-line
To use this service, click on the following link:
Order a transcript on-line
Once you've placed the order you can track the status at:
Check status of an order
If you need assistance with this service, please contact Credentials at (847) 446-1027.
Transcript requests must be made in writing and bear the student's signature. Requests cannot be submitted online (unless ordering through the Credentials option above) or e-mailed. A Transcript Request Form is available in the Office of the Registrar, or may also be obtained by printing and mailing the Transcript Request Form on our web site. To view this PDF format file, you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The Transcript Request Form is not required to process a request; however, written requests must include the following information.
All requests should include:
- Student's full name (include all previous names and current name)
- Copy of marriage certificate or court order to update records with current name (If applicable)
- Dates of Attendance
- Degree(s) Earned
- Student ID # or Social Security #
- Date of Birth
- Current Address and Phone #
- E-mail address
- Address where Transcript is to be mailed
- Signature (request will not be processed without student’s signature)
Mail request, fee, copy of marriage certificate or court order if applicable to:
- Office of the Registrar
1100 East 5th Street
Anderson, IN 46012-3495
If requesting a transcript in person, complete a Transcript Request Form available in the Registrar’s Office in Decker 258 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office is closed from noon to 1:00 p.m. when classes are not in session. The Office is closed during University recognized Holidays. A valid photographic ID is required. If a third party will be coming for your transcript, he/she must have your written request giving them specific permission to obtain your transcript. Your signature must be included in the request and a valid photographic ID will be required.
An Emergency Transcript is not just another transcript option. It is designed as an emergency only service! The fee for an Emergency Transcript is $10.00 per each official copy. Provided there is no Business Hold and all requirements for requesting a transcript have been met, the transcript will be processed by our office within 24 hours if request is received during business hours. The 24-hour service does not provide for you to receive your transcript within 24 hours, only that it will be processed and sent via US mail within 24 hours. We cannot guarantee the delivery time once it leaves our office.
You may mail your request or fax your Transcript request to 765-641-3015. It is highly recommended that you contact the Registrar’s Office to verify that your request has been received. In addition to the previously listed information required for a Transcript, the following must be included in your fax request:
- A copy of your driver’s license or other photo ID
- Statement that you will be mailing the required fee in the US mail the same day
The fee for an Emergency Transcript is $10.00 per each official copy. This service is designed for emergencies only and is not usually required since transcript requests are processed twice weekly.
Unofficial copies of your transcript can be faxed or mailed. In addition to the previously listed information required for a transcript, the following must be included in your request:
- Statement “I will not hold Anderson University responsible in any way for the faxed transmission of my transcript.”
- Fax # and individual to whom the transcript is to be sent.
Things to Remember…
The following items will prevent your request from being processed:
- No signature – We cannot process your request without your signature.
- Business Hold due to outstanding financial obligations. If you have a question regarding your account, current students may contact Financial Services at 765-641-4180; former students should contact the Business Office at 765-641-4118.
- Insufficient, inaccurate or illegible information.
Official Transcripts are $3.00 each.
Official Transcripts for emergency situations are processed within 24 hours by our office. There is an additional $7.00 fee for a total of $10.00 for each official emergency transcript.
Emergency transcripts with UPS depend on destination and weight but are a minimum of $25.00.
Unofficial Transcripts are $1.00 each.
Transcripts include your entire academic history at Anderson University including both undergraduate and graduate work, if applicable. There is only one fee for each transcript which includes both undergraduate and graduate work.
Please send the total amount due for transcript(s) when submitting your request. Please pay by check or money order payable to Anderson University. Credit card payments (unless ordered on-line through Credentials) or student account charges are not accepted.