Opening Gala Concert featuring music faculty, alumni, students
Sun. Sept. 23, 2012
2:30 and 7:30 p.m. at York Performance Hall (7:30 p.m. performance sold out)
York Performance Hall and Galleries opens with a spectacular assortment of musical treats sure to create a night to remember. This Gala Concert consists of chamber music using instruments and voices in a variety of combinations, featuring faculty artists from Anderson University’s School of Music, Theatre, and Dance along with music alumni and students. The evening opens with Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov’s stirring Procession of the Nobles. Works by Francis Poulenc, Robert Schumann, Benjamin Britten, Stephen Sondheim, Eric Whitacre, and many more fill out the program with an amazing array of musical colors. This program is designed to showcase the versatility of York Performance Hall and the versatility of our own faculty, alumni, and students.
Arrive early or linger afterwards to view the collection of works by Warner Sallman in the Scheierman Gallery located adjacent to the upstairs lobby.
Seating is limited, so please act quickly to be included in this historic event.
PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS TODAY!
- Enjoy all performances in the Bengtson Celebration Concert Series at a reduced cost by purchasing tickets for the entire series. A limited number of single-event tickets are available.
- Ticket orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- $100 for series (1 ticket for each performance – 6 total tickets)
- $20 per performance for individual tickets
- RESERVED SEATING FOR ALL PERFORMANCES