- The Boze Lyric Theatre presents two full productions with orchestra each year.
- While many schools allow students to focus on only one performance area, AU allows students to participate in both choral and instrumental ensembles.
- Music education graduates who applied for jobs within the field enjoy a 100 percent job placement rate.
- AU boasts a strong string program -- a rarity among small universities.
- Faculty provide a vital link to the arts scene. Many are still active in professional performance, both on local and national levels.
- AU offers one of the top music business programs in the nation among Christian colleges. Students in the senior seminar class have the unique opportunity to run their own record label—Orangehaus Records.
- Students have the opportunity to study composition with faculty members.
Unique OpportunitiesPerformance students have traveled to Finland, Sweden, Russia, and Germany in recent years, while music business students travel to Nashville, Tenn., for an up-close look at the industry.
Graduate SchoolsArizona State University
Ball State University
Bowling Green State University
Middle Tennessee State University
The Ohio State University
University of Cincinnati
University of Maryland
University of South Florida
EmployersAfrican Children’s Choir
American Music and Drama Academy
EMI Christian Music Group
Hessen State Theater (Wiesbaden, Germany)
Meridian Music Company
Opera Theatre of St. Louis
U.S. Marine Band
various European and American opera houses and school systems nationwide