Anderson, Indiana


Mon, 2012-04-30 13:21 -- batch_migrate

Services to help you get everything from a job to your mail

Student Employment | Career Development Center | Counseling Services | Health Services | Mail Center | Local Telephone Services | Dining Services

Student Employment

Student employment is a form of financial aid. Students may work under the Federal Work Study (FWS) program. FWS eligibility is indicated as a part of your financial aid package. Students not eligible under the FWS program may be eligible for work under AU Employment (AUE).

Students interested in part-time work on campus or in an FWS job off campus must contact Human Resources to start the employment process. You may do so during the summer or after you arrive on campus.

For more information, visit Human Resources, stop by the Human Resources office in Decker Hall, Rm. 11, or contact them by phone at (765) 641-4132.

Top of Page

Career Development Center

The career development center staff helps students assess interests, values, skills, and personality type to research majors and career opportunities. Workshops are provided to learn the skills necessary to make good decisions about a major, building a résumé, or searching for an internship or full-time job. The office offers opportunities to participate in on-campus recruitment and job fairs.

For information, visit Career Development Center. You can also contact the Career Development Center at (765) 641-4196, or stop by their office in Decker 213.

Top of Page

Counseling Services

Counseling Services strives to provide a "safe place" for students within  a confidential, positive, supportive environment  enabling students to address a wide variety of issues.   Counseling Services is invested in  providing comprehensive services to meet the needs of our  students.    We offer individual, premarital, couple, family, and group counseling.   We also provide  crisis intervention, consultation, assessment, and referral as deemed appropriate.

We take a holistic developmental approach to counseling and the concerns that students express.  Our counselors seek to integrate biblical truth with psychological principles utilizing a variety of treatment modalities - and  meeting the student right where they are.   Counseling Services gives specific attention to your  emotional,  psychological, spiritual, physical, and relational well-being.

Counseling Services is located in Morrison House on the corner of College Ave. and University Blvd. in front of Morrison and Myers Hall. The office is open each week day from 8 a.m.–5 p.m., with some limited evening hours available during the academic year. Our services are free of charge.  To make an appointment, please visit our office and complete an intake form.

New students who have received prior mental health services are encouraged to contact the Office of Counseling Services before arriving on campus so that helpful information and resources can be provided to ensure a smooth, successful transition.

If you have questions, contact Christal Helvering, director of Counseling Services, at (765) 641-4203 or

For more information, visit Counseling Services.

Top of Page

Health Services

Health services are available to all traditional undergraduate students who have submitted a health record before Semester I classes begin. The health record form is available from the Office of Admissions or from Student Health Services or the housing website.

The office is open Monday-Thursday, 9 – 12 p.m. and 1 – 4:00 p.m. (closed 12 - 1 p.m.), Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., and is staffed by a core registered nurse. The campus physician maintains limited hours on campus. Health Services provides first-level care and treatment of usual illnesses and accidents, diagnostics and referral services, limited counseling, nutritional advice, and certain medications and supplies, as well as comprehensive health education activities that promote a healthy lifestyle. Unless it is an emergency situation, students are asked to phone ahead at (765) 641-4222 to schedule a sameday appointment. This will allow students to avoid a long wait. Walk-ins may be asked to schedule for a later appointment.

Other specific services that are provided include blood pressure monitoring; throat cultures, when needed; tuberculin skin tests; certain immunizations, including travel requirements for Tri-S; employment physicals; referrals to other allied health agencies; and referrals for diagnostics (laboratory and x-rays).

Student Health Services operates from revenue generated by a fee of $45.00 per student, per semester, which covers, in part, the cost of the expenses associated with this service as well as free counseling services on campus. New for the 2015-2016 school year undergraduate students under age 26 and enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester are provided basic accident only insurance at a cost of $5.00 per student per semester. A maximum medical benefit of $10,000 per accident is payable after a $25 per incident deductible. This coverage provides benefits secondary to family insurance. For additional information or claims procedures, contact Human Resources on campus in Decker Hall 11.

In addition to the services provided by Health Services, University Police/Security Services provides a team of certified EMTs.

For more information, visit Health Services.

Top of Page

Mail Center

The mail center provides a mailbox for all undergraduate students (including commuters). You will find your mailbox assignment and combination on AccessAU beginning in late August. Look under the self-service option and click on the mailbox info tab. The Mail Center package window is open from 9 a.m.–4 p.m. Monday–Friday. Your new campus address will be:

Your Name
Anderson University
1100 E. Fifth St.
Anderson, IN 46012-3495

Please do not use the words "Box" or "Post Office Box" in the address.

Most of you will be sharing a mailbox with another student, so please leave their mail for them. The Mail Center is also the central site for lost and found items.

For more information, visit the Mail Center.

Top of Page

Local Telephone Services

Local telephone services are available for all students living in residence halls. Students needing long-distance service should plan on using either a calling card or a cell phone.

Top of Page

Dining Services

Visit Dining Services for a description of the required meal plans offered to residential students at AU. Additional information includes locations, hours of operation, and frequently asked questions. Call (765) 641-4260 if you still have questions.

Top of Page