Attention: Senior Parents
It's hard to believe, but graduation is coming quickly and will be here before we know it. Below are a few key events and dates in the graduation process:
- April 1st - Last day to order cap and gowns. Cap and gown orders are made through Jostens through the AU Bookstore. Students can place orders in the bookstore or you can visit the Anderson University page on Jostens.com to order commencement materials.
- April 17th, 11:00 a.m. - Honors Chapel in Reardon Auditorium.The committee is in the early planning stages, but chosen students will be speaking in chapel. Awards and honors will also be given out to deserving graduating seniors.
- April 19th, 11:00 a.m. - Senior Chapel in Reardon Auditorium.
Each year AU hosts a Senior Chapel with graduating seniors processing in cap and gown. Selected students are chosen to deliver speeches to the student body. Anyone is welcome to attend, especially parents.
- May 5th, 10:00 a.m. - Baccalaureate Service in Reardon Auditorium.This service is for graduates, family, and friends. Faculty and graduates process in cap and gown.
- May 5th, 3:00 p.m. - Commencement Ceremony in Kardatzke Wellness Center.Doors will open at 2:00 p.m. and no tickets are required. There is no limit on the number of guests at commencement. A reception will be held immediately following the service. Graduates will assemble at Reardon Auditorium at 1:30 p.m. preceding the processional to the Kardatzke Wellness Center.
You can also stay up to date with commencement news and upcoming dates by joining the AU Class of 2012 Facebook group here for graduating seniors and anyone else interested (i.e. parents).