Fri, 2012-04-27 01:32 -- admissions

Transferring to Anderson University

So, you're thinking of transferring?

I made a point to get involved at AU -Mackenzie ScholteWhether you're coming from a community college, big state university, or another small, private school, transferring to Anderson University is a great choice. In fact, we attract more than 100 transfer students each year.

Q: How does AU define a Transfer student?

A transfer student has 1) graduated from high school and 2) completed at least 12 hours of college credit. Students who do not meet both requirements can still transfer courses to AU, however they will be considered a first-time freshman (e.g. dual credit or AU credit).

For students 25 and older, please contact the Department of Adult Studies for more information.

Q: What are the next steps?

  1. Apply! Click here to apply online. Complete the online application, submit two references (academic & personal) along with your final high school transcripts (not required for transfers) and current college transcripts.
  2. Re-activate! If you have previously applied to AU, but chose not to come you can complete the application for Re-activation. If you originally applied more than two years ago you will need to complete the application for admissions.
  3. Take classes now that will satisfy Anderson University requirements. The university catalog has information regarding both the liberal arts curriculum and every academic major (e.g. advising sheets). With the Anderson University Undergraduate Catalog you can refer to it to locate courses that are similar to those offered at your current school.
  4. Call Breanna Losey, Transfer Counselor for information on your next steps, (765) 641-4086.

Q: What transfers?

I knew in my heart this is where God wanted me. -Sam RichardsonIf a student has a “C-" or better in a class, that is above remedial level work from an accredited institution, it will transfer. Anderson University requires students to have 124 credit hours to graduate. Credits include elective credit, liberal arts credit and major credit.

Once your transcripts have been received, the Office of the University Registrar will complete an official transcript evaluation outlining which classes (& credits) will transfer.

Click here to view what classes will transfer to AU from various schools.
Q: Financial Aid and Scholarship Information?

  1. Send Anderson University a copy of your FAFSA information [AU Code: 001785]. Once your FAFSA is received, Anderson University Student Financial Services will compile a financial aid package and begin distributing packages mid-March to early April.
  2. Scholarships for transfer students are based on of cumulative collegiate GPA. If you have a cum. college GPA of 3.5 or above, you are guaranteed $11,000/ year. If you have a cum. college GPA of 3.0-3.49, you're guaranteed $9,000/ year in scholarships (filing the FAFSA is not required). For students with a 2.5-2.99, Anderson University is able to guarantee a level of grants and scholarships of at least $7,000. This guaranteed amount will include need-based aid from federal and state sources, should you be eligible, and therefore may not include any Anderson University funding (filing the FAFSA is required).


Apply OnlineScholarshipsCourses: What will Transfer?