Summer and Beyond
It's hard to believe we're already talking about summer, but we are. This school year is going by so quickly, that it's amazing to think about having only six weeks left in this semester. There are quite a few things your student should be thinking about for this summer and beyond to maximize their planning, their schedules, and their future opportunities.
First ~ a Note for August Grads:
August prospective graduates must be enrolled in their summer courses by April 15th in order to take part in commencement this May.
Second ~ Summer Classes Available:
Summer enrollment is now open to all students. Summer courses are offered at a reduced tuition rate so this is a great opportunity for students to earn a few extra hours toward graduation. A variety of Liberal Arts, electives, and major classes are offered in various formats such as "in class," online, or a combination of both. Reading courses or independent studies can be arranged with individual professors.
Third ~ Raven CareerLink Resources:
There are many things students can be doing over the summer to further their future opportunities in networking, internships, and job searches. Most of our students are enrolled in RavenCareerLink . . . but not everyone is utilizing the many resources available. Here are a few ideas of ways to take advantage of RavenCareerLink:
- Resume and Cover Letter building program ~ Get ahead of the game and work on polishing your resume.
- Career Exploration and Assessments ~ Unsure of major, unsure of what to do with their major, want to know about who you are, ie... strengths, gifts, talents.
- 3 minute job search videos ~ The how-to’s of interviewing, dress, etc.
- Job/Internship resources ~ Many resources are available.
- Be watching for Career Fairs to attend. These will help you gain valuable networking/interviewing skills.
- Other resources ~ Check out information on various industries.
Fourth ~ Fall Classes
Fall enrollment is now underway for next year as well. Seniors, Juniors and Sophomores have already had their appointments with advisors and now enrollment is open to Freshmen.
of Alumni & Parent Programming