Majors in the Falls School of Business are encouraged (and marketing majors are required) to prepare a professional portfolio documenting experiences, academic, co-curricular and other activities that have led to the professional development of the student while in college.
A portfolio becomes a valuable tool to demonstrate to prospective employers the quality work that has been completed and the experiences that contributed to the student's employability. Students can use the portfolio as a creative tool to share academic, leadership, work, and service experiences while at Anderson University.
The portfolio can include:
- Research papers
- Class projects
- Write-ups of leadership in student organizations
- Letters of recommendation
- Write-up of Tri-S experiences
- Write-up of lessons learned from part-time jobs
- Summary of lessons from internship experiences
- Personal and professional strategic plan
- Summary of professional development experiences and networking efforts
- Anything that can help sell you to a prospective employer!