Before admission, the immunizations listed below must be documented by a health-care provider on the Immunization Record Form and submitted to CertifiedBackground.com.
- Rubella (German Measles) — One dose of vaccine OR a positive titer.
- Rubeola (Measles) — Anyone born on or after Jan. 1, 1957, must show proof of two measles vaccinations OR a positive titer OR history of having had the disease.
- Mumps — Immunization OR a positive titer OR history of having had the disease.
- Tetanus and Diphtheria — Primary series in childhood.
- Tetanus — Booster within past ten years is required.
- Polio — Primary series in childhood:
- If vaccinated but unable to provide proof, the student must provide documentation of one polio injection (IPV).
- If the student was never vaccinated for polio, the student must provide documentation of completing a series of three polio injections over the period of six months.
- Chicken Pox — Must have history of having had the disease OR positive Varicella antibody OR documentation of two doses of Varicella vaccine.
- Tuberculosis screening — An updated negative Mantoux test is required annually. If there is a past history of a positive PPD, a chest x-ray is required and annual positive PPD record.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine — Three doses OR positive antibody required.
Clinical experiences require that students be prepared in the event of a cardiopulmonary arrest:
- Each nursing student must hold a valid and current CPR certification for Basic Life Support for Professionals from the American Heart Association. Certification from Red Cross is not acceptable.
- A copy of the current CPR certification, valid for the academic year, must be provided prior to admission.
- Students failing to comply may be excluded from classes.
Sponsoring health-care agencies now require all students enrolled in courses to have a criminal background check, urine drug screen, and the immunizations listed above.