AU Alumni Council Position Description
A member of the Anderson University Council is ratified to hold the position based on demonstrated involvement, support, and commitment to Anderson University and the Alumni Association. In accepting the three year appointment, an individual agrees to fulfill the requirements and meet the responsibilities associated with council membership. These include, but are not limited to:
- Attending and participating in all scheduled council meetings. These are held twice each year, one in late winter (usually requires one or two overnights) and one each fall (associated with homecoming).
- Serving actively on alumni council and alumni association committees. Usually these committee meetings are held in conjunction with the council meeting.
- Becoming a representative and spokesperson in your community for Anderson University and the Alumni Association. This could involve talking with prospective students, meeting with other alumni, communicating with area legislators, attending local alumni chapter events, and more.
- Assisting the University and Alumni Association in identifying, cultivating, and involving alumni in areas such as student recruitment, job placement, legislative advocacy, chapter leadership, financial support, and more.
- Representing the University and Alumni Association at institutional and alumni activities and programs, both locally and on-campus whenever possible.
- Being familiar with the programs and activities sponsored, organized and coordinated by the Alumni Office.
- Serving in an advisory and advocacy capacity on behalf of the Alumni Office and providing active support of the Alumni Association through resolutions and council advocacy.
- Accepting leadership and participation in University and Association programs and activities as are needed.
- Working with the alumni staff on behalf of the University and Association objectives in support of the Anderson University Alumni Association Mission Statement and the Association's long-range plan.
- Contributing financially to Anderson University. All council members are expected to be current donors.