More than 40 Anderson University undergraduate students will present research during the 5th annual AU Scholars' Day on April 29 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Reardon Auditorium Lobby. The event will feature poster presentations from a wide range of academic disciplines at AU.
"AU Scholars' Day demonstrates the excellence of our AU students and their faculty mentors," said Provost Dr. Marie Morris. "Each year I learn something new from our students and come away impressed with their enthusiasm and ability to articulate their scholarly projects in accessible ways. I'd love to see AU faculty, students, and staff, as well as our friends from the City of Anderson/Madison Co. come see for themselves."
Participants create abstracts of their research, which are then compiled into a program booklet for attendees. [View and print the flyer for the 2014 Scholars' Day.]
Scholars' Day 2014 participants (listed by department) includes:
- Biology: Tricia Haley, Alexis Kaiser
- Computer Science: Josh Harms, Dylan Zyrowski
- English: Natalie Schuchardt
- Falls School of Business: Zackary Hufferd, Kevin Kirsch, Paul O’Bold, Jordan Poortenga, Hannah Samples, Kyle Stuckey, Lindsey Van Ryn
- History and Political Science: Blake Hall, Alexis Kardatzke, Emmanuel Mendez, Robert Rowlett, Mackenzie Scholte, Kristin Uhr
- Honors Program: Rachel Brodeur
- Kinesiology: Nick Albertson, Sarah Albrecht, Nick Bruns, Elena Cantley, Sarah Carroll, Brady Cavinee, Brandon Craig, Hannah Crum, Tim DeHaan, Justin Hersberger, Mallory King, Kyle Kleppinger, Natasha Lentz, Ben Mishler, Hailey Norris, Wynne O’Neal, Sarah Perkins, Thomas Potts, Joe Quinn, Kelsey Rusterholz, Taylor Shoemake, Emylee Smith, Micah Smith, Courtney Sparks, Sam Steele, Jalen Thomas, Krissy Whiteley
- Mathematics: Joseph Greg Clarkson, Maxwell Luetkemeier, Nathan Nieman
- Modern Foreign Languages: Leah Gilbert
- Physical Sciences and Engineering: Ethan Hillman, Ryan Mote, Kent Shilts
- Psychology: Christopher J. Benjamin, Haley Beer, Hannah Boggs, Kathleen Chaney, Alexis Kaiser, Chelly Neuenschwander, James Pixey, Megan Scherzer, Molly Schoberg, Kari Smalley, Melody Stewart, Sarah Tanselle
- Religious Studies: David Yeom
- School of Education: Kristen Langolf
- School of Music, Theatre, and Dance: Devan Cooney, Anne Stichter
- School of Nursing: Charity Crago, Courtney Eldridge, Elizabeth Gehret, Courtney Postmus
Anderson University is a private Christian university in central Indiana. Anderson University continues to be recognized as one of America's top colleges by U.S. News and World Report, The Princeton Review, and Forbes. Established in 1917 by the Church of God (Anderson, Ind.), Anderson University offers more than 65 undergraduate majors and graduate programs in business, music, nursing, and theology.