Applying for Student Leadership
At AU we believe the best way to learn about leading is to jump right in to the experience of student leadership on campus. Student leadership will give you the opportunity to try out the things you are learning in the classroom and it will give you a sense of community and accountability to anchor you through the ups and downs of leadership. With the guidance of an incredible student life team, we believe that you will learn more about who you are, where areas of needed growth exist in you, and how you are uniquely equipped to serve and lead the AU community and the world.
2015-16 applications are closed.
To begin the process of applying for a student leadership position please:
- Fill out the online application for Student Leadership positions. This application will take about thirty minutes to complete and you cannot save along the way so please make sure you begin the application with enough time to complete it. Applications will close on Friday, January 30, 2015 at 5 p.m.
- You are requested to e-mail a one-page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be Resume: your full name (Example: Resume: Rodney Raven). This document will be added to your application packet and available for review. It’s recommended that you also bring a printed resume to your interview. If you do not have a current resume or need help updating it, you can use the resume tool provided by the Career Development Center: CLICK HERE
- • There will be a resume and interviewing workshop on Monday, Jan. 26th at 7 p.m. in the Decker 3rd floor computer lab. Everyone is welcome, but it will be focused on those students who do not have a current resume and/or have little experience with interviewing. You MUST pre-register for the this workshop on Raven CareerLink.
- Once you have completed the online application, please wait to hear from the respective supervisor of the area you are applying for further instructions.
Human Resources Paperwork
- You MUST bring a referral from Human Resources to your individual interview.
- Go to the HR web page to fill out necessary paperwork including the Student Employment application and two tax forms. If you have never worked at AU before you will also need to complete the I-9 and the direct deposit form.
- Take this paperwork to the HR office (BOD) in order to get your referral.
You are required to submit three recommendations; one peer recommendation, one Anderson University faculty or staff recommendation, and one from a Residence Life Staff Member (RA, DC, or HC). Recommendation request cards were given out at the Student Leadership Interest Meeting, and can also be downloaded on the website. The recommendations forms are on the website and must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, January 30, 2015. (Please refer to the job description of the position for which you are applying for more specific recommendation requirements).
- Please refer to the job description of the position for which you are applying for more specific recommendation requirements.
- You only need to submit the required number of recommendations, additional recommendations are not necessary.
*New Resident Assistant Applicants: You are required to submit six recommendations; one from your current resident assistant, one from an Anderson University faculty or staff member, and four peer recommendations from students currently on your floor.
*If you are applying for more than one position, you only need submitted recommendations for one position. Example: If you are applying for both the RA position and the Peer Mentor position, you must have six submitted recommendations to fulfill the RA requirement. If you are applying for the Peer Mentor position and a Campus Ministry position, you need to only have three submitted recommendations. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO REQUEST MORE RECOMMEDATIONS THAN THE REQUIRED AMOUNT.