Applying for Student Leadership
At AU we believe the best way to learn about leading is to jump right in to the experience of student leadership on campus. Student leadership will give you the opportunity to try out the things you are learning in the classroom and it will give you a sense of community and accountability to anchor you through the ups and downs of leadership. With the guidance of an incredible student life team, we believe that you will learn more about who you are, where areas of needed growth exist in you, and how you are uniquely equipped to serve and lead the AU community and the world.
Applications for the 2014-2015 are closed.
To begin the process of applying for a student leadership position please:
- Fill out the online application for Student Leadership positions. This application will take about thirty minutes to complete and you cannot save along the way so please make sure you begin the application with enough time to complete it. Applications will close on Friday, January 31, 2014 at 5 p.m.
- You are requested to e-mail a one-page resume to email@example.com. The subject line should be Resume: your full name (Example: Resume: Rodney Raven). This document will be added to your application packet and available for review. It’s recommended that you also bring a printed resume to your interview. If you do not have a current resume or need help updating it, you can use the resume tool provided by the Career Development Center: CLICK HERE
- There will be a resume and interviewing workshop on Monday, Jan. 27th at 7 p.m. in Hartung 101. Everyone is welcome, but it will be focused on those students who do not have a current resume and/or have little experience with interviewing.
- Once you have completed the online application, please wait to hear from the respective supervisor of the area you are applying for further instructions.
You are required to submit three recommendations; one peer recommendation, one Anderson University faculty or staff recommendation, and one from a Residence Life Staff Member (RA, DC, or HC). Recommendation request cards were given out at the Student Leadership Interest Meeting, and can also be downloaded on the website. The recommendations forms are on the website and must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, January 31, 2014. (Please refer to the job description of the position for which you are applying for more specific recommendation requirements).
- Please refer to the job description of the position for which you are applying for more specific recommendation requirements.
- You only need to submit the required number of recommendations, additional recommendations are not necessary.
*New Resident Assistant Applicants: You are required to submit six recommendations; one from your current resident assistant, one from an Anderson University faculty or staff member, and four peer recommendations from students currently on your floor.
*If you are applying for more than one position, you only need submitted recommendations for one position. Example: If you are applying for both the RA position and the Peer Mentor position, you must have six submitted recommendations to fulfill the RA requirement. If you are applying for the Peer Mentor position and a Campus Ministry position, you need to only have three submitted recommendations. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO REQUEST MORE RECOMMEDATIONS THAN THE REQUIRED AMOUNT.