Thesis Track, Master of Theological Studies (48 semester hours)
The following is an outline of the requirements for the Thesis Track of the Master of Theological Studies degree at Anderson University School of Theology. For more detailed information and course descriptions, refer to the current seminary catalog.
The thesis track of the MTS degree requires additional information during the application process. In order for a student to be considered for the Anderson University School of Theology MTS degree, the following criteria must be met:
- Achieve an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Write an academic paper according to guidelines available from the Office of Student Development. Send e-mail to email@example.com for more information.
- Interview with a full-time AU seminary faculty member (in the area of Bible, church history, theology, or mission), and receive that faculty member's written recommendation that this degree is an appropriate one given the prospective student's vocational and educational goals.
- Complete all admission requirements by August 1 (for fall admission) or December 1 (for spring admission).
Thesis Track Courses
- BIST/HCUS/THST 5900 Research Design: Principles and Skills (student selects one caption for this course in area of interest)
- HCUS 5110 History of Christianity I
- HCUS 5120 History of Christianity II
- BIST 5110 The Literature and History of the Old Testament I
- BIST 5120 The Literature and History of the Old Testament II
- HCUS 5200 Biblical Foundations of Mission
- BIST 5330 Biblical Hebrew I OR BIST 5340 Biblical Greek I
- BIST 5430 Biblical Hebrew II OR BIST 5440 Biblical Greek II
- BIST 6131 Biblical Hebrew III OR BIST 6141 Biblical Greek III
- BIST 6210 The Literature and History of the New Testament I
- BIST 6210 The Literature and History of the New Testament II
- BIST 6231 Biblical Hebrew IV OR BIST 6241 Greek IV
- THST 6510 Constructive Theology I
- THST 6550 Constructive Theology II
- BIST/HCUS 6470 Biblical Studies OR Church History OR THST 7510 Topics in Theology
- THST 7330 Theological Ethics
- BIST/HCUS/THST 7950 Thesis (student selects one caption for this course in area of interest)