The mission of the teacher education program is to prepare teachers of quality who are competent, reflective educators committed to professional excellence. To help us in this effort, in the Fall of 2012 the School of Education purchased Tk20.
Tk20 is a comprehensive system that provides a rich set of assessment data management tools to help track and enhance our student’s growth, as well as make our assessment and accountability tasks more efficient and effective. In addition, our students have access to Tk20 for ten years to build their professional portfolio and support career advancement.
The system enables students to participate and manage their academic activities throughout their college experience. This system allows students to:
- Create and submit key assignments online.
- Facilitate collaborative evaluations online between instructors, field mentors and students.
- Create electronic portfolios documenting course work.
- Keep records of field experience work including student teaching and all clinical practices (field assignments, field experience, student teaching, clinical practice and internships).
- Submit forms online, including applications for student teaching and other field experiences for teacher certification.
We have spent a considerable amount of time finding and implementing the best system to meet the needs of our students and the School of Education. As you become familiar with the system and realize its potential and benefits, I am sure that you will be pleased.
Dr. Jan Fulkerson
Dean, School of Education
For questions regarding this system, please contact Shelly Weston, Tk20 Unit Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.