The Anderson University Police/Security Services Department employs four full-time sworn police officers Campus police officers are authorized by the State of Indiana to investigate crimes, complaints, to make arrests, and to enforce federal, state and local laws, including traffic laws.
Security officers are employed to work parking enforcement and patrol duties. Students are hired to lock buildings, work special events, and patrol the inner campus. Officers patrol the campus on foot and in patrol vehicles 24 hours/day, seven days/week.
The campus police department’s jurisdiction is bounded by the White River (west), Scatterfield Road (east), East 8th Street (south) and Lindberg Road (north). Officers have a working relationship with and share information of mutual concern with state, local and federal police departments.
Police/Security Services Department:
- are available to assist students to unlock or jump-start their vehicles or to inflate tires. In addition, we have a list of reputable businesses that will repair vehicles for a reasonable price.
- keeps Residence Halls locked 24 hours a day. During the late evening hours the outside doors and lobbies are checked for safety purposes.
- are either Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) or have advanced First Aid training.
- provides escorts 24 hours a day for medical and safety purposes by dialing "3333" on campus telephones or 765-641-3333 from cellular telephones.
- provides self-defense and safety programs to students two times each semester. These classes are also provided upon request for groups.
- has Ten Blue Light Emergency telephones located around campus. In addition, there are 25 telephones located on buildings that have 24-hour access that allow students to call friends or to call escorts, door unlocks or other services.
- Has provided Safe Havens throughout campus for emergency situations. These havens can be locked with the push of a button or with a thumb lock and contain a telephone.
- publishes weekly reports of campus security incidents.