MSN: Admission RequirementsThe admission requirements will remain consistent with current criteria, as follows:
Admission criteria for MSN (all tracks)
- Bachelor's degree in nursing (from a nationally accredited nursing school).
- If you do not have a BSN, see the RN to MSN option.
- Current registered nurse license in the State of Indiana or eligibility for licensure.
- One year work experience preferred.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (If below 2.75, student may be admitted on academic surveillance).
- Three letters of recommendation [PDF]
- Admission essay
- Current CPR certification from American Heart Association
- Negative Mantoux, current immunizations [PDF]
- Criminal background report [PDF]
- Malpractice insurance fee.
Prerequisite coursework for admission to Nursing Administration track and MSN-MBA program:
- Accounting or Finance
- Management or Marketing (BSN management course may fulfill this requirement)
- Statistics or Calculus (BSN nursing research course)
Additional admission requirements for admission to MBA dual degree program:
- Two years work experience
- Minimum ndergraduate GPA of 3.0
- In addition to the prerequisite coursework referenced above, prerequisite course in Economics
All letters of recommendation and transcripts should be forwarded to:
School of Nursing Graduate Program
1100 East 5th Street
Anderson, Indiana 46012-3495