Junior Jazz Camp
- Dates/Times: June 10-14, 2013 (Monday-Friday, 1-4 p.m.)
- Location: On the Anderson University Campus
- Tuition: $110
Have you always wanted to play in a jazz ensemble and wished you knew how to improvise? If you are a student entering grades 7-9 and have a serious interest in jazz improvisation, then this camp is for you! Students who play any band instrument are eligible to participate in this camp.
Junior Jazz Camp provides a basic, interactive approach to improvisation and jazz ensemble playing. Skills will include: 12 bar blues, call and response, reading chord symbols and chord changes, and applying these skills to the performance of jazz ensemble music. Participants are required to have a minimum of 1 year of playing experience and must provide their own instrument. A drum set will be provided for the drummers.
- Register for the Junior Jazz Camp
- Fill out a Liability and Medical Release Form [PDF]
- View pictures from the 2012 Junior Jazz Camp
For more information, contact Dr. Susan Taylor, camp director, at email@example.com or (765) 641-4452.