The dance program at Anderson University creates a balance between mind, body, and spirit. Our goal is to create an environment where students explore creativity and movement, experience faith and spirituality, and excel in dance academics and theory. Core requirements include ballet technique (Vagonova and Cecchetti), modern technique, jazz technique, improvisation, and partnering for ballet and modern. At AU, dance courses are taught by some of the finest professionals in the field including guest choreographers and guest faculty. Students perform in two major dance events each year and in Anderson University's Candles & Carols, the annual Christmas concert broadcast internationally. Dancers may also audition for musical theatre and opera productions.
Discover dance majors:
Admission to the Dance Program is by audition.
Why choose AU for dance?
- A rare find. Anderson University is one of a few Christian universities to offer a dance program.
- Flexible degree with individualized attention. The diversity of majors and small class sizes allow students to design their college experience around their career goals.
- Highly skilled and experienced faculty. Within the program all faculty are practicing professionals in the fields of dance, theatre, or musical theatre.
- Comprehensive curriculum. Students are required to take core courses in modern, jazz, ballet, and improvisation so that they leave AU with a well-rounded education and marketable skills.
- A focus on refining the body, sharpening the mind, and providing an open environment to deepen connections between spirit and faith. This approach to mind, body, and faith frees students to become well-balanced individuals with the skills to pursue professional interests and servant leadership.