Faculty Employment Information
Anderson University is a private Christian university in central Indiana. Anderson University continues to be recognized as one of America's top colleges by U.S. News and World Report, The Princeton Review, and Forbes. Established in 1917 by the Church of God (Anderson, Ind.), Anderson University offers more than 65 undergraduate majors and graduate programs in business, music, nursing, and theology. As an academic community of learners, the University prizes several distinctive qualities -- qualities that have characterized and continue to be perpetuated by the faculty, staff, students and a multitude of supporting constituents. Specifically, these are:
- An active belief that faith and reason are both compatible and essential elements of quality higher education.
- An active belief that the stewardship of life must be the basis for preparing Christian young persons for productive service.
- An active belief that innovative academic programming is crucial in preparing today’s students for effective global citizenship.
- An active belief that rigorous academic learning should be enriched with practical experience.
- An active belief that the standards and goals of Christian love, moral integrity, personal wellness and social responsibility are essential to effective Christian witness.
Anderson University employs persons who subscribe to its educational mission and whose personal and professional lives reflect:
- A belief in and commitment to Jesus Christ and the Christian faith as these are interpreted through the historic witness of the Bible and the contemporary ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- A vitality of Christian experience which is maturing in insight and application and which is appreciative of differing viewpoints.
- Evident competence and a commitment to the continuing development of one’s abilities.
- A commitment to liberal arts education and preparation to serve in an environment of purposeful and rigorous inquiry.
- Obvious skills in the art of teaching and recognized mastery of relevant subject matter.
- A capability, by temperament, preparation and will, to support students as they confront the intellectual, social, physical, emotional and spiritual challenges of their lives.
- A sensitivity and support for the ethos, traditions and commitments of the campus community.
Persons interested in employment at Anderson University must complete a Faculty Application.
Anderson University is a private Christian university in central Indiana. Anderson University continues to be recognized as one of America's top colleges by U.S. News and World Report, The Princeton Review, and Forbes. Established in 1917 by the Church of God (Anderson, Ind.), Anderson University offers more than 60 undergraduate majors and graduate programs in business, music, nursing, and theology. The University’s location in the central part of the state allows easy access to state parks, several boating lakes, and beautiful farmland. The close proximity to Indianapolis, the state’s capital, offers a full range of cultural and entertainment amenities.
AU is an equal opportunity employer. Persons who bring diversity are encouraged to apply. Anderson University complies with federal and state requirements for non-discrimination in employment with regard to sex, age, race, color, disability, and national and ethnic origin.